+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Legal H4 immigrant residing in US appear for biometric collection in VFS India ?

Santhosh1828

Feb 20, 2020
Hi,

Myself(H1B ) and my spouse(H4 ) immigrants in United states have applied for canada PR and had submitted the application on Feb 6th. On Feb 17th we received a message from IRCC to appear for biometrics to nearest ASC(USCIS) or VAC location if present in US. The letter calls out if not in canada or United states , then appear to nearest VFS location.

My situation is, my souse needs to travel to India(my hometown) on Feb 27th and will be there for 2 months to take care of her parents, however the earliest available appointment in USCIS ASC location is March 3rd. Our deadline to provide biometrics in March 19th. Since she has to leave on Feb 27th and there is no way that we can get an appointment before March 3rd can she drop by near by VFS location in her hometown India to provide her biometrics ?

I did write to IRCC via a web request as the IRCC customer center number is only applicable for applicants within canada and not for those residing outside canada. I have not heard anything back from IRCC on my query so far.

Can one of you suggest providing biometric in India is acceptable considering my spouse situation ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If what you write in your post is true:
The letter calls out if not in canada or United states , then appear to nearest VFS location
Then you can use the biometrics instruction letter to appear at any VFS. Make an appointment though.

An1234kit

May 5, 2017
Toronto
It happened with me. I was in Philippines when my Ita came and had applied for pr from india.

I had asked for embassy permission stating the reason of stay in Philippines as work with valid documents and post there email confirmation went to embassy office in Philippines to submit passport. The process was smooth.

Santhosh1828

Feb 20, 2020
Hi All- Just wanted to provide an update . My spouse did give her biometrics in India and was accepted.

Thanks to All who responded to my post