+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can L1A visa holder get work permit or get fast track immigration to canada.

svprakash

Jan 4, 2019
I am an Indian National currently working in USA since April,2017 on L1A visa deputed on site by my Indian IT company. Can I get work permit for Canada if I apply from USA or get fast track immigration to Canada as some H-1B visa holders working in USA are reportedly said to be eligible for fast track immigration to Canada or be able to work in Canada on a work permit.

prakashs

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I am an Indian National currently working in USA since April,2017 on L1A visa deputed on site by my Indian IT company. Can I get work permit for Canada if I apply from USA or get fast track immigration to Canada as some H-1B visa holders working in USA are reportedly said to be eligible for fast track immigration to Canada or be able to work in Canada on a work permit.

prakashs
After Trump took office, everyone wanted fast track but its not available. Also i heard that its not easy to process and get approval of work permit as companies in Canada doesnt easily prefer to process candidates outside as its tough to get approval and due to more stringent process.

Still companies like cognizant processes work permit but only when candidates have visa issues in US.

PR:
Instead of work permit you can get PR directly if you are qualifying with good points but its same like anyone else applying from outside of Canada. I am not sure if your company processes eb1c or not but if thats not available then you can try the regular route to Canada which is fairly quicker(less than a year).

Last edited:

Takentaken421

Aug 30, 2018

prakashs
If you are on L1A, why don't you join the pool and go for EB1? There is no priority for L1A (executive managers ;) ) in Canada PR process but I think being an executive, you will have enough CRS points (assuming you maximize IELTS, Masters Degree and 2-3 years of foreign experience) :D

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
If you are on L1A, why don't you join the pool and go for EB1? There is no priority for L1A (executive managers ;) ) in Canada PR process but I think being an executive, you will have enough CRS points (assuming you maximize IELTS, Masters Degree and 2-3 years of foreign experience) :D
Actually EB1 is also backlogged now, although not as bad as EB2.