+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can it happen that a call Center inquiry made can give false information?

anna111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Hi to all. I just want to ask if someone from this forum or anyone had the experience of calling or making an inquiry online thru email to CIC that gave you false information or not been updated? If you have please do share so that I may know. Actually I made an online inquiry to CIO, sent an email and after 30 days received the reply that shocked me. Stipulating that they didn't received the document they are requesting, that they made follow ups and that they already closed the application and fees refunded. I forwarded the email to my representative, went too to talked to her and told me that she already sent it thru fax. She also said that sometimes CIC call centres are not updating the files. Need your reply to at least clear my mind a little.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

anna111 said:
Hi to all. I just want to ask if someone from this forum or anyone had the experience of calling or making an inquiry online thru email to CIC that gave you false information or not been updated? If you have please do share so that I may know. Actually I made an online inquiry to CIO, sent an email and after 30 days received the reply that shocked me. Stipulating that they didn't received the document they are requesting, that they made follow ups and that they already closed the application and fees refunded. I forwarded the email to my representative, went too to talked to her and told me that she already sent it thru fax. She also said that sometimes CIC call centres are not updating the files. Need your reply to at least clear my mind a little.
1. CIC Call Centre doesn't have anything to do with applications, they only answer questions on the phone. So they wouldn't be updating your application. I assume your representative showed you proof that s/he faxed the information to CIO? If so then you send a copy of the fax transmission receipt to the CIO with the requested information.

anna111

Star Member
May 1, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

1. CIC Call Centre doesn't have anything to do with applications, they only answer questions on the phone. So they wouldn't be updating your application. I assume your representative showed you proof that s/he faxed the information to CIO? If so then you send a copy of the fax transmission receipt to the CIO with the requested information.
. ... Hi PMM, I sent an inquiry to the CIO thru email and that's what she/he replied me. I followed the issue to my representative today and she said she fax again the birth certificate and the fax confirmation of December and the email message of the officer who replied me to the CIO officer whose processing my applications. I really just want to know if there are cases like me who were given a wrong information but the processing is on going. I just want to appease myself knowing there are also few who experience this. Thanks for the reply.