+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Indian physiotherapist with bachelor's degree work as PTA in Canada?

Diptinaik7

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hello
I am a physiotherapist from india with two years of experience.
I have completed my bachelor's in physiotherapy.
My plan is to do master's from Canada
But it appears to be challenging.
So I am thinking of working as PTA first as PTA's do not have to give any licensure and with that money I can go ahead with my plans.How far do you think this is possible? And is it that if I get PR I'll be eligible to pay their domestic fees? Also how easy it is to get PTA job?How much can I make??

Reactions: Vj_Sushil

goingtotoronto

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Yes you can get pta job but
Not easy to get you need to know someone to get and if you get PR YES you pay domestic fees.
You can make 15-18 / hour if you have overseas education!
Gucci luck

Vj_Sushil

Jul 3, 2020
Hello
I am a physiotherapist from india with two years of experience.
I have completed my bachelor's in physiotherapy.
My plan is to do master's from Canada
But it appears to be challenging.
So I am thinking of working as PTA first as PTA's do not have to give any licensure and with that money I can go ahead with my plans.How far do you think this is possible? And is it that if I get PR I'll be eligible to pay their domestic fees? Also how easy it is to get PTA job?How much can I make??
I am sushil kumar from india and i want to work in canada as PTA. so please help me by sharing your experience bro.

jayanthy

May 21, 2015
Hi Iam in canada and i did my 1 year program in MBA and now got my PGWP approved however my UG is BPT from india and i hold 2 years experience in Physiotherapy from India and this experience was in the year 2009 to 2011 after which i switched my career to HR in india. So, now can i apply for PR with my old 2 years exp as physiotherapist? will i be eligible? kindly help