+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Indian citizen apply open work permit ( Student spouse dependent visa) from USA

Baradwaj

Feb 9, 2020
Hi,
I would like to know the information about open work permit, my wife is a student in Canada and I applied for open work permit based on my wife student visa from India through online, later on I travelled to USA on visit visa to visit my sister family.
Now i got refusal for my visa, regards this can i submit a paper application for open work permit from VAC in USA instead of online?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I would like to know the information about open work permit, my wife is a student in Canada and I applied for open work permit based on my wife student visa from India through online, later on I travelled to USA on visit visa to visit my sister family.
Now i got refusal for my visa, regards this can i submit a paper application for open work permit from VAC in USA instead of online?
It's not a good idea unfortunately. You should return home and apply from their. To be approved, you need to show strong ties to your home country.

What were the refusal reasons?

Baradwaj

Feb 9, 2020
It's not a good idea unfortunately. You should return home and apply from their. To be approved, you need to show strong ties to your home country.

What were the refusal reasons?
Hi Scylla,

Thanks for your response

Below are the reasons given by IRCC
1. You have not established that you are the spouse or that you have not meet the definition of common law partner as defined in IRPR
2. You have not adequately explained that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205 C ii of the regulations

I have provided all the details like marriage certificate, honeymoon tickets,photos etc to prove my relationship but still they refused my application.

Can you help me what I missed to attach?

Thanks in advance