+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I work remotely from Canada if I incorporate my business in Delaware?

fclaussen

Aug 6, 2019
Hi all,
I am going to start a business but I still have my work permit here in Canada. I'm working my 9-5 and want to start this company.

I am considering incorporating in Delaware but I am unsure if I can work on my online business from Canada.

I would assume it's ok because It's an online business doing business with the entire world so not really affecting the Canadian Labour Market. But hey, who knows...

Anyone with an online business registered anywhere else that came to Canada?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi all,
I am going to start a business but I still have my work permit here in Canada. I'm working my 9-5 and want to start this company.

I am considering incorporating in Delaware but I am unsure if I can work on my online business from Canada.

I would assume it's ok because It's an online business doing business with the entire world so not really affecting the Canadian Labour Market. But hey, who knows...

Anyone with an online business registered anywhere else that came to Canada?
That would presumably be "the entire world, except Canada"? If you are working from Canada, serving Canadian clients, you might be in dangerous territory if you don't have a work permit that covers this.

fclaussen

Aug 6, 2019
That would presumably be "the entire world, except Canada"? If you are working from Canada, serving Canadian clients, you might be in dangerous territory if you don't have a work permit that covers this.
Hmm. I see what you mean.
But doesn't that work the same way as the other rule where if you work remotely for a foreign company and gets paid by the foreign company you don't need a work permit?

The company would be a US company, and I would be in Canada working for that company getting paid in US dollars.

See the confusion here?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hmm. I see what you mean.
But doesn't that work the same way as the other rule where if you work remotely for a foreign company and gets paid by the foreign company you don't need a work permit?

The company would be a US company, and I would be in Canada working for that company getting paid in US dollars.

See the confusion here?
You need to be talking to a lawyer.