+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I work in USA after Diploma in Canada

Makkar

Jun 22, 2015
Hi,

My name is Manveen . I am planning to apply for Study Visa in Canada .

My fiance is in USA .

I want to know that If I get married in USA , will my Canadian post graduation Diploma of one year will be of any use in USA after my marriage .

Also , I will be going on spouse visa . Can my spouse visa get converted to Work Visa with my canadian diploma certificate .

My profile is -

Graduation in B.Pharmacy . Passed in 2012 .
Work experience in Pharmaceutical Company as Marketing Executive for three years now .

Suryak86

Sep 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014 ( Medical Received : 24-08-2014)
Interview........
RPRF : March 30th, 2015
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
Nope, you cannot work unless you are sponsored by an employer. If your fiance is a GC holder or a citizen, you might be able to secure an EAD at some point of time AFTER you are married, but before that find someone who is willing to sponsor you. I know lots of people who have canadian degrees and have been sponsored.

dino_choc

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
Hi,

My name is Manveen . I am planning to apply for Study Visa in Canada .

My fiance is in USA .

I want to know that If I get married in USA , will my Canadian post graduation Diploma of one year will be of any use in USA after my marriage .

Also , I will be going on spouse visa . Can my spouse visa get converted to Work Visa with my canadian diploma certificate .

My profile is -

Graduation in B.Pharmacy . Passed in 2012 .
Work experience in Pharmaceutical Company as Marketing Executive for three years now .
US and Canada are two independent countries with completely different Immigration laws. You can't possibly mix up your academic certificate from Canada and convert it into work visa in US. There is no treaty between US and Canada in regards with such conditions or options.

Why don't you ask your fiance to join you in Canada for the time being instead of you going to US since she won't have any issues travelling back and forth provided she is US citizen. If you're going to study for one year in Canada, you will get one year open work permit. Get some work experience in Canada. Or, after you complete your program in Canada, go to Saskatchewan, work there for 6 months and apply PR under Provincial nominee. I wouldn't waste my chance of qualifying for Canadian PR. After marriage, you and your spouse plus future children will adhere citizenship of both countries - Canada and US.

Your diploma from Canadian institute will definitely play a good role while looking for a job. Before you get through your US spousal visa process, if some company in US offers you a job and willing to work with you regarding US work permit process I guess that will be an option for you. Otherwise, you have to wait until you get some sort of docs based on spousal visa in US. From there on, you can guide yourself what you can or cannot do.