File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can search for work while in Canada on a tourist visa. However you cannot start working without a work permit.

May 4, 2013
scylla said:
You can search for work while in Canada on a tourist visa. However you cannot start working without a work permit.
can I apply for work permit from inside canada? ;D
still need LMO though but will it be more easier to get LMO?
since I'm inside and can go in person to people and talk to them without email that never get answered. :eek:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you can apply for a work permit from Canada

Yes - you will still need an LMO. No - the fact you are here won't make the LMO process any easier. The LMO process will still be the same.

caipsfasttracker

Jun 4, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In respects to your questions - In a simple world "NO" you are in Canada on a tourist Visa and are unable to legally work.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Actually, the OP can not apply for a work permit inside Canada while on visitor status. He/she has to leave Canada and apply from home country.

An Irish gentleman just found out the hard way. He went to the border to obtain his permit, was denied and asked to go home and apply from there. He is back in Ireland.
The interesting thing is he was initially on a work permit, then changed to visitor status and was trying to obtain a new work permit.

See this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp , under "working or studying in Canada". It says:

Working or studying in Canada

Most visitors to Canada are not allowed to work or study in Canada without permission.

You must apply for a work permit or a study permit before coming to Canada. If you are visiting Canada and you want to work or study, you must leave Canada and apply from your home country. However, in some cases, working or studying without a permit is allowed. For more information, see:
•Studying in Canada
•Working in Canada

scylla said:
Yes - you can apply for a work permit from Canada

Yes - you will still need an LMO. No - the fact you are here won't make the LMO process any easier. The LMO process will still be the same.

syrust

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
no
LifeIsOverRated said:
can I apply for work permit from inside canada? ;D
still need LMO though but will it be more easier to get LMO?
since I'm inside and can go in person to people and talk to them without email that never get answered. :eek:
yes one you are in canada most of employers have Pre-Approved LMO (Specially in Alberta), it takes around 2 weeks to get your name approved and then work permit takes time or you can go to border to get work permit.

(One of my friend came from England as a tourist and he found a restaurant (My friend is a chef) and got job there and he got his work permit through Pre-Approved LMo.

Good luck.

Syrus

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=172&t=17
Can I apply for a work permit from inside Canada?

Only in some cases. You can only apply for a work permit from inside Canada if:

you, your spouse or parents have a valid study or work permit,
you have a work permit for one job but want to apply for a work permit for a different job,
you have a temporary resident permit that is valid for six months or more, or
you are in Canada because you have already applied for permanent residence from inside Canada. You will have to pass certain stages in the main application process before you can be eligible for a work permit.
There are other requirements as well.

If you are already in Canada as a visitor, you may not apply within Canada. You must apply for a work permit at a Canadian visa office:

responsible for the country where you live,
responsible for the country you are a citizen of, or
at a Canadian embassy or consulate in the United States of America.
You may be asked to go for an in-person interview at that office. If so, make sure you have all the documents you need to enter that country.

You must check:

whether you need to fill out any other forms or provide any other documents, and
how to pay the fee (visa offices do not accept fee payment receipts from banks in Canada).