+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i work for Indian Company remotely from Canada?

maitreya

Mar 9, 2017
I have recently got COPR through EE. Can I enter as Canada PR and still work for my previous Indian Company remotely?
If yes, then how does one prove 2 yrs stay in Canada if one's salary is being credited in other country as there would be no credit history being generated ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have recently got COPR through EE. Can I enter as Canada PR and still work for my previous Indian Company remotely?
If yes, then how does one prove 2 yrs stay in Canada if one's salary is being credited in other country as there would be no credit history being generated ?
Yes - you can certainly do that.

You can provide your 2 year stay through apartment rental agreements, utility bills, tax returns filed, credit card statements, etc.

Reactions: maitreya

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does the company have an Canadian location or do work with Canadian clients? Just want to clarify that you will still have to declare you international income if you and your family lives in Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck

maitreya

Mar 9, 2017
Does the company have an Canadian location or do work with Canadian clients? Just want to clarify that you will still have to declare you international income if you and your family lives in Canada.
Thanks canuck. Yes my company has significant presence in Canada. My manager said that they cannot send us to our Toronto's office, because it costs a lot to convert an Indian employee and our project does not have any extensions there. He told that, the best he can do is to allow me to continue working remotely and i will be still an Indian Employee. I love the job, so i am in dilema what to do? Are there any legal hurdles ?
I am a Ontario PNP nominated guy. I would be landing and staying in Toronto, but if i choose to work remotely then it can be said that i am not working in Toronto legally. Since it beats the purpose of being awarded the nomination, is it fair morally, legally ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don't believe you are allowed to work remotely for the Indian branch of the company if your Indian company has offices in Canada.

ram22mar

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
India
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
11-07-2021
Thanks canuck. Yes my company has significant presence in Canada. My manager said that they cannot send us to our Toronto's office, because it costs a lot to convert an Indian employee and our project does not have any extensions there. He told that, the best he can do is to allow me to continue working remotely and i will be still an Indian Employee. I love the job, so i am in dilema what to do? Are there any legal hurdles ?
I am a Ontario PNP nominated guy. I would be landing and staying in Toronto, but if i choose to work remotely then it can be said that i am not working in Toronto legally. Since it beats the purpose of being awarded the nomination, is it fair morally, legally ?
May i know what you did later. Did you able to work in canada for indian employer?

My case is i'm expecting a spouse open work permit soon. I will be staying along with my spouse. My company has canada presence.
But, it will take quite time for them to onboard me as a canadian employee.

So, I'm planning to work as indian employee in canada till the approval is done. Is it possible?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
May i know what you did later. Did you able to work in canada for indian employer?

My case is i'm expecting a spouse open work permit soon. I will be staying along with my spouse. My company has canada presence.

So, I'm planning to work as indian employee in canada till the approval is done. Is it possible?
Yes, you can do that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Isn’t this only possible when you get the WP? As a visitor would they be able to work for the Indian employer while the company has a presence in Canada?

alwynram

Jun 20, 2023
Can I work remotely in canada with study permit. And will it be problem when I show as my experience while applying for PR? Pls advise I need to know.

Aug 1, 2023
as a international student can I work remotely for Indian company? It has office in Canada but I'll be employed to India location and will be paid in INR, does it have any future complications? Also do I need to disclose it anywhere?

Last edited: