+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I work as a tutor on a restricted open work permit?

Trebond

Oct 11, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
I want to apply for tutoring jobs in companies like Kumon, Oxford learning or Tutor doctor. My open work permit says I can't work in primary or secondary school teaching.
Does a child tutoring job come under that restriction?

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I want to apply for tutoring jobs in companies like Kumon, Oxford learning or Tutor doctor. My open work permit says I can't work in primary or secondary school teaching.
Does a child tutoring job come under that restriction?

Thank you
It’s not that you can’t work there you just need to pass a medical to get the condition waived because you are working with a vulnerable population.

Trebond

Oct 11, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
It’s not that you can’t work there you just need to pass a medical to get the condition waived because you are working with a vulnerable population.
Hi Canuck, thank you for your reply.
I just got my medical done for my PR, does that count or is this a separate medical altogether?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Canuck, thank you for your reply.
I just got my medical done for my PR, does that count or is this a separate medical altogether?
You can use that medical. However, you have to actually apply to IRCC to have the restriction removed from your work permit and be approved for your updated permit before commencing any work with children.