+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I withdraw money from bank after student visa approved

serena2305

Sep 24, 2016
Hi everyone,
My student visa has been approved and now I need to withdraw money from bank to prepare for my departure. Do you think it's ok for me to do so? Do the CIC allow that? I can only get my passport (with visa) by the end of this week. Should I wait until I get my passport back or until landing in Canada then withdraw my money?

Thanks,
Serena

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Hi everyone,
My student visa has been approved and now I need to withdraw money from bank to prepare for my departure. Do you think it's ok for me to do so? Do the CIC allow that? I can only get my passport (with visa) by the end of this week. Should I wait until I get my passport back or until landing in Canada then withdraw my money?

Thanks,
Serena
☺of course you can Serena.

Reactions: serena2305

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
In actual fact, they can mainly verify the authenticity of your account not the available balance. And now that you have your visa, you can even close that account. Just that you have to prove your means of financing your stay and studies in Canada at the Point of Entry before a study visa will be issued to you. Which you can with your available statement or any other means. Congrats on securing a visa and good luck dear. If possible lemme know any development till you enter Canada.

serena2305

Sep 24, 2016
In actual fact, they can mainly verify the authenticity of your account not the available balance. And now that you have your visa, you can even close that account. Just that you have to prove your means of financing your stay and studies in Canada at the Point of Entry before a study visa will be issued to you. Which you can with your available statement or any other means. Congrats on securing a visa and good luck dear. If possible lemme know any development till you enter Canada.
Thanks much @Losangeles101 ;)!

Reactions: Losangeles101

Alfredo Madagascar

May 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Serena
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Serena
Hi
Congratulation for your victory!!
By the way,I'm Alfred also applying for students visa for October class,Please can you help me with your "Letter Of Explanation "you add to your application? I want to follow it to do mine please.i have been rejected before so i don't want to do any mistake again,Please help!!! Thanks
This is my Email that you can send through;
acheampongalfred69@gmail.com

Last edited:

serena2305

Sep 24, 2016
Hi
Congratulation for your victory!!
By the way,I'm Alfred also applying for students visa for October class,Please can you help me with your "Letter Of Explanation "you add to your application? I want to follow it to do mine please.i have been rejected before so i don't want to do any mistake again,Please help!!! Thanks
This is my Email that you can send through;
acheampongalfred69@gmail.com
Hi,
I applied thru an agent and they helped me with all the documents. Sorry I can't help you for now, good luck to this new apply of yours.

Serena

Last edited:

mona hannah

Star Member
May 2, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Banglore
Pls help me with this r u sure can I withdraw my money from the bank it's been 22 days since I submitted my visa application

Hey if u can wait for 20 more days...then
U won't face any problem.....when you debit the money without getting any update...then that's a risk...I was in the same situation during my application process...so kindly i advice you to wait brother....

Reactions: PARAM-