+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I visit the US as a Canadian Permanent Resident to visit my hospitalized son?

dynamor

May 7, 2020
My son has been hospitalized in the US and he has no family there. I'm his mother and I would like to be there for him. I have already contacted IRCC for emergency travel document procedures and am now planning on applying for a US Visa.

I was hoping to see if anyone here has gone through something similar and/or knows of what appropriate steps I can take next to speed up and ensure the success of this process.

Reactions: jack_2001

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My son has been hospitalized in the US and he has no family there. I'm his mother and I would like to be there for him. I have already contacted IRCC for emergency travel document procedures and am now planning on applying for a US Visa.

I was hoping to see if anyone here has gone through something similar and/or knows of what appropriate steps I can take next to speed up and ensure the success of this process.
You will need to start by getting a Travel Document (if you don't have one already). Once you have the TD, you can apply for a USA visa. You may want to post to a USA immigration forum to determine your chances of being approved and what information you may want to provide in the application.

https://forums.immigration.com/

The only other suggestion I have is that you check with the hosplital where your son is being treated on whether they are allowing visitors at this time. Many hospitals are not allowing in person visits right now.

Good luck and hope your son feels better.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don’t want to be negative but I’m not sure if the consulate is scheduling meetings for visas at the moment. You will have to contact the US consulate to see the status of their visa applications and whether they have emergency appointments.