+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I visit my husband while sponsorship is in review?

jenny23

Nov 18, 2007
I am currently in Canada and sponsoring my husband from lebanon..I went to lebanon for one year and got married.. I came back in june and sent the immigration papers to Toronto and i recieved a letter in august saying that i was approved and the papers were being sent to syria. My husband received an e-mail in september saying that he is asked to go to an interview november 27th. With the current situation in lebanon i was wondering since there is risk of a war at the time if there was and they did an evacuation for canadians and closed the embassy for the visa's if they would let my husband be evacuated since its so close to his interview or if i went there would they let him be evacuated with me? If there was no war to happen and i went there would they cancel the papers since i woud not be working or would it take longer..Please help

qoolqat

Oct 4, 2007
The below is the answer I got from similar question I posed to the Consulate/Embassy on July 16th, 2007.

The fact of having a sponsorship or permanent residence application underway does not prevent travel to Canada as a temporary resident or visitor.

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
its very rare that they give TRV to the applicant of family class sponsorship while the application is in process. I havnt heard of such case up till now. In my opinion your husband's chances of being evacuted, although remote, but more probable, if you are living with him in Lebanon. You travelling to be with your spouse wouldnt effect your application.