+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I validate COPR inside Canada without Status?

wertydaja

May 16, 2017
Greetings,

A few days ago, I was given 90 days to Restore Status after rejection of SUV WP application.

If I'm granted COPR before Restoration, can I still make an appointment at an office to validate COPR?

To my understanding it would have been fine if I was still under Implied Status, but I'm not sure if I can, if Restoration Of Status is concurrently being processed.

Thank you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Greetings,

A few days ago, I was given 90 days to Restore Status after rejection of SUV WP application.

If I'm granted COPR before Restoration, can I still make an appointment at an office to validate COPR?

To my understanding it would have been fine if I was still under Implied Status, but I'm not sure if I can, if Restoration Of Status is concurrently being processed.

Thank you.
As far as I am aware, being out of status doesn't prevent you from making an appointment to "land" in an IRCC offfice.

wertydaja

May 16, 2017
Thank you all for your help but From their site it says

"you will have to show the officer..."

"your proof of legal status in Canada, such as a valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit, or visitor document, or any immigration document you have (whether valid or not)"

It first says "proof of legal status" and then goes on to say (whether valid or not). Thats why its a bit confusing.

More info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=22

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you all for your help but From their site it says

"you will have to show the officer..."

"your proof of legal status in Canada, such as a valid work permit, study permit, temporary resident permit, or visitor document, or any immigration document you have (whether valid or not)"

It first says "proof of legal status" and then goes on to say (whether valid or not). Thats why its a bit confusing.

More info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=22
Phone the IRCC’s Call Centre for clarification.