+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i use US CPT (Curricular Practical Training) as work experience.

vickey9876

Dec 19, 2019
Exactly my point. Yes for both.
Sure, Thank you for all the information shared.
Can i please know totally how many years of work experience do you have ? was it 3+ with the CPT work expereince or below 3 ?
i mean how many years of Work experience do you have if you remove the CPT work work experience ?

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Sure, Thank you for all the information shared.
Can i please know totally how many years of work experience do you have ? was it 3+ with the CPT work expereince or below 3 ?
i mean how many years of Work experience do you have if you remove the CPT work work experience ?
Exactly, what is your question?

Last edited:

vickey9876

Dec 19, 2019
Can i please know totally how many years of work experience do you have ? was it 3+ with the CPT work experience or below 3 ?
so wanted to check how many year of experience do you have if you remove the CPT work experience in your case ?

So if you have 3 + with CPT , then you would have already enough points and which might be the reason you received COPR ?
but in my case the only experience i have during CPT so if in case the CPt work experience isnt considered i dont have any work experience

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Can i please know totally how many years of work experience do you have ? was it 3+ with the CPT work experience or below 3 ?
so wanted to check how many year of experience do you have if you remove the CPT work experience in your case ?

So if you have 3 + with CPT , then you would have already enough points and which might be the reason you received COPR ?
but in my case the only experience i have during CPT so if in case the CPt work experience isnt considered i dont have any work experience
Why are you linking your work experience with CPT? Did you read my earlier posts??

If your work experience is 3 plus years or so, mention that
If your education is Masters, mention that.

vickey9876

Dec 19, 2019
Total 2 years
Jan 2017 to Dec 2018 , was also doing distance masters at the same time.
can you drop ypur email if possible please ?

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Total 2 years
Jan 2017 to Dec 2018 , was also doing distance masters at the same time.
can you drop ypur email if possible please ?
In your case, if your total work experience is 2 years, then it is 2 years.
You have your Masters too.

Officers of Canada wont know the difference or understand the process of CPT. All they can comprehend is that your have a Masters Degree and Work Experience.

If you have more than 2 years, claim it, as long as it can favor your NOC code.

Goodluck.

Dan

DHP260592

Jan 2, 2020
Hi I would appreciate if someone can help me out solving this query.

I applied for PR (June14th, 2019) when I was on active STEM OPT (ends in Feb 6, 2020).My 5 years F-1 Visa stamp ended in (July 19th, 2019). But I enrolled in a University and transferred back to F-1 status (Jan 6th, 2020) and continued working on full time CPT. My current PR processing time (Dec 14th, 2019) has already gone by and I'm still waiting for background and security checks to be cleared. Do I need to update the CIC with this situation saying that I am currently staying in USA on expired Visa stamp but valid i-20 from the new University that ends in August 2021? Please help me solve my queries!

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017

I applied for PR (June14th, 2019) when I was on active STEM OPT (ends in Feb 6, 2020).My 5 years F-1 Visa stamp ended in (July 19th, 2019). But I enrolled in a University and transferred back to F-1 status (Jan 6th, 2020) and continued working on full time CPT. My current PR processing time (Dec 14th, 2019) has already gone by and I'm still waiting for background and security checks to be cleared. Do I need to update the CIC with this situation saying that I am currently staying in USA on expired Visa stamp but valid i-20 from the new University that ends in August 2021? Please help me solve my queries!

Hi,

There is no need for you to update CIC. In regard to your legal status, it is in good status in the US, simple reason, your visa stamp might have expired, however your legal status remains good with your New I-20 from your New University.

Dan

Last edited:

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017

Also,you can find out the status of your application through GCMS notes. Have a look into it to understand whether background checks have begun or in process.

DHP260592

Jan 2, 2020
Hi,

There is need for you to update CIC. In regard to your legal status, it is in good status in the US, simple reason, your visa stamp might have expired, however your legal status remains good with your New I-20 from your New University.

How can I update them? Should I update them using the webform?

Dan

DHP260592

Jan 2, 2020
Also,you can find out the status of your application through GCMS notes. Have a look into it to understand whether background checks have begun or in process.
I did receive GCMS notes on Dec 20th, 2019. This is what it says.
Eligibility: Recommended Passed
Security: Not started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In progress
Other reqs:
Final:

Let me know if something doesn't look right.

Thanks
Deep