+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i use US CPT (Curricular Practical Training) as work experience.

pk21

Dec 15, 2019
Yes, I received PPR within 3 months. Good Luck!
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I hope to get some more info, if you don't mind.

Was this CPT :
part of your masters in USA?
You earned a grade/credits for this CPT?
You were full time and were paid for this CPT?

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I hope to get some more info, if you don't mind.

Was this CPT :
part of your masters in USA?
You earned a grade/credits for this CPT?

Guys,

I got a COPR on CPT. Please keep this in mind, CPT is the same thing, only difference between H1B and CPT is the type of VISA, and yea, taxex, just a different route when using a legal manner to work in the US. Yes, it is obviously counted towards your work experience.

Was this CPT : Yes
part of your masters in USA? Yes
You earned a grade/credits for this CPT? Yes
You were full time and were paid for this CPT?[/QUOTE] Yes

Dan

Reactions: pk21

pk21

Dec 15, 2019
Guys,

I got a COPR on CPT. Please keep this in mind, CPT is the same thing, only difference between H1B and CPT is the type of VISA, and yea, taxex, just a different route when using a legal manner to work in the US. Yes, it is obviously counted towards your work experience.

Yes

Dan[/QUOTE]
Hey thanks a lot for the reply!
Was very concerned as many are suggesting that CPT cannot be used. Also, in your case, was there any chance that you had enough experience before/after CPT (in your home country perhaps) and thus CPT work ex was not considered at all? Is there a way you can find it on your application?
please don't mind, just trying to eliminate all possibilities.
In my case, if I lose CPT work-ex, i don't qualify for visa, Thus....

pk21

Dec 15, 2019
Guys,

Yes

Dan[/QUOTE]

HI @dauntless84 Request for a reply here.

Was very concerned as many are suggesting that CPT cannot be used. Also, in your case, was there any chance that you had enough experience before/after CPT (in your home country perhaps) and thus CPT work ex was not considered at all? Is there a way you can find it on your application?
In my case, if I lose CPT work-ex, i don't qualify for visa, Thus....

vickey9876

Dec 19, 2019
Hi,
were you able to evaluate your degree ? with WES ? did they consider it for masters and also as work experience ?

Guys,

Yes

Dan[/QUOTE]

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Hey thanks a lot for the reply!
In my case, if I lose CPT work-ex, i don't qualify for visa, Thus....[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, nope, even though I had experience outside US, I did not claim it as it was no use for my NOC Code.
Again, your CPT has NO link to your work experience, yes you used your CPT to work, and thus it will be counted towrads your work experience. , even if a H1B works for 2 years or a CPT works for 2 years, it is work experience.

Dan

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Hi,
were you able to evaluate your degree ? with WES ? did they consider it for masters and also as work experience ?

Yes

Dan
[/QUOTE]

In my case, I used only my US Masters as my highest degree. I did not use my Bachelors degree in India. That is sufficient.

Dan

vickey9876

Dec 19, 2019
Hi,

Yes

Dan
[/QUOTE]
So you were able to claim points for CPT and also Masters ? can i please know from which university you did your CPT ?
My question was if the masters CPT (distance Education ) and work experience can be used ? because both were being gained at the same time

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Technically Masters was done.
Technically work experience was gained.

It does not matter if this education was distance, bottom line, a Masters Degree was accomplished plus work experience.

I did use this for CRS and got my COPR.

Don’t mix these both as it is simple.

vickey9876

Dec 19, 2019
It does not matter if this education was distance, bottom line, a Masters Degree was accomplished plus work experience. :
Yeah but both are being gained at the same time ,

Don’t mix these both as it is simple.

Suppose :
My masters duration Jan 2017 - Dec 2018, was enrolled Full Time
My work Experience also durirng the same duration Jan 2017 - Dec 2018 also worked 40 Hr per week
so within the same duration i accomplished both , but both the work experience and Masters is from USA

So would it be considered ? where you also in similar situuation