+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use the same W-1 Visa?

MGinfo

Feb 19, 2015
I got an employer specific work permit in January for a 5 month contract (January-June) and applied for a workers visitor visa (W-1) which I received in February with the same expiration date of my work permit, but then I changed jobs and received a new employer specific work permit with another company in April and got 1 year contract, can I still use the W-1 visa to go out and re-enter Canada with my new work permit for the remaining 3 months it has or do I need to apply for a new W-1 visa for my new work permit in order to reenter the country if I travel?

Thank you in advance for your time and answers.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MGinfo said:
I got an employer specific work permit in January for a 5 month contract (January-June) and applied for a workers visitor visa (W-1) which I received in February with the same expiration date of my work permit, but then I changed jobs and received a new employer specific work permit with another company in April and got 1 year contract, can I still use the W-1 visa to go out and re-enter Canada with my new work permit for the remaining 3 months it has or do I need to apply for a new W-1 visa for my new work permit in order to reenter the country if I travel?

Thank you in advance for your time and answers.
You can use the W-1 visa you have as long as it is unexpired and unused (if single entry) or allows multiple entry (if used). It is your entry document into the country and allows you to travel into the country. It is not tied to a specific WP.

Upon re-entering Canada, you will be asked to present your WP as the W-1 category identifies you as a worker entering Canada.

.../atb

plz help me

Apr 14, 2015
Hello any body help me sir i have canada w-1 visa can i apply my sapuse like wife child visa how much time later can i apply a sapose visa and what is the requrment on the visa plz help mr

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
plz help me said:
Hello any body help me sir i have canada w-1 visa can i apply my sapuse like wife child visa how much time later can i apply a sapose visa and what is the requrment on the visa plz help mr
It all depends on what visa you want to apply for your spouse and child.

1. Read through here to get the information on how to apply for a spouse open work permit for your wife:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp
(See topic: If your spouse wants to work in Canada)

2. Read through here to get information on how to apply for a study permit for your child:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

3. Read through here if you want to get visitor visas for your wife and child:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/tourist.asp

So gather information in these websites then decide which way you want to proceed in getting visas for your wife and child.

.../atb