+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use the political situation in my spouse's homeland to help sponsor him?

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
I am returning to my spouse's home in 2-3 weeks. It is a terrible situation right now and the airport is even closed because of protests. First of all, I was always planning on returning at this time to start working again over there. My husband is expecting us. I truly hope this is the ultimate test to prove to CIC that our relationship is real! Now, can I explain in my Outland Sponsorship from overseas that I really want to sponsor him because our family should be reunited and we don't want to live in Thailand with our young daughter? Won't CIC pity us? They already refused my husband a TRV twice! He should be here in Canada with us!

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
No,Thailand has very little chances of refugee claim being succesfull unless he is Thai Muslim fearing for his life from the south,You have no other option then to sponsor him as your spouse.Failing that get him a job and bring him in as a PNP or TFW

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Yes, he should be in Canada.
I truly don't think pushing the political situation will speed things up. You are now in the FASTEST category available: Spouse Sponsorship. And you have to prove you are a genuine couple. I suggest you Focus on that. I mean really focus in making a STRONG application, even if you already sent it. Send MORE STUFF.

The Embassy in Thailand already knows they are amidst Political instability, so they either are speeding things up or they just don't care about it. Best of luck:)

Anatolia

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
I am supposed to show that I can re-establish myself in Canada or my INTENT to do so. Won't the political situation help me prove that we REALLY want to move to Canada?

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
If you need to give reasons why you want to return to Canada...why yes! That is a reason as powerful as any!. I would draw that point that my child needs to be in a non-violent place, like no one's business.
Any other opinions out there?