+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use my work permit extension offer letter to calim 50 point in express entry

PR_Aspiration

Jul 18, 2023
Hi All,

I got offer letter for applying work permit extension on Dec 2022 and offer letter say that I have work till Oct 2024. I am planning to apply for Premanent residency using express entry. Can I use same offer letter while applying for PR to calim 50 points ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

I got offer letter for applying work permit extension on Dec 2022 and offer letter say that I have work till Oct 2024. I am planning to apply for Premanent residency using express entry. Can I use same offer letter while applying for PR to calim 50 points ?
So you have a LMIA with A closed work permit? Or on LMIA-exempt, closed work permit? If not, you cannot claim 50 points.

PR_Aspiration

Jul 18, 2023
Hi

As per this article "https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=695&top=29", offer letter need below requirement. it says LMIA-exempt is valid.

Article document

Generally, a valid offer is for a job that
A job offer must be in writing, and must set out details of the job they are offering you, such as
  • your pay and deductions
  • your duties
  • the conditions of employment, like your hours of work

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi

As per this article "https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=695&top=29", offer letter need below requirement. it says LMIA-exempt is valid.

Article document

Generally, a valid offer is for a job that
A job offer must be in writing, and must set out details of the job they are offering you, such as
  • your pay and deductions
  • your duties
  • the conditions of employment, like your hours of work
If you have been in the job at least a year, and have a new job offer letter stating you will be employed one year past PR then you should be able to count it.

Reactions: PR_Aspiration