+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAN I USE MY SINP REFERENCE LETTER FOR MY PR APPLICATION?

Jun 10, 2021
Hello.
I was issued a reference letter from an old employer last year for SINP, also addressed to SINP. Although I'm not claiming points for this employment at the federal stage, i still want to declare it so my federal application is in sync with my SINP application .
Issue now is that getting this letter a second time is proving difficult.
My question now is, can I use the letter for sinp and then attach a letter of explanation?
Also, I hope it's not going to be an issue submitting a letter issued to me last year for my PR application. (I have received ITA but yet to submit)
Thanks in anticipation.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
Hello.
I was issued a reference letter from an old employer last year for SINP, also addressed to SINP. Although I'm not claiming points for this employment at the federal stage, i still want to declare it so my federal application is in sync with my SINP application .
Issue now is that getting this letter a second time is proving difficult.
My question now is, can I use the letter for sinp and then attach a letter of explanation?
Also, I hope it's not going to be an issue submitting a letter issued to me last year for my PR application. (I have received ITA but yet to submit)
Thanks in anticipation.
As you are not claiming points for that employment, and provided that the work experience was within the last 10 years, you would have to declare it in the "Personal History" section of your application. Work experiences declared there do not require a reference letter.

Jun 10, 2021
As you are not claiming points for that employment, and provided that the work experience was within the last 10 years, you would have to declare it in the "Personal History" section of your application. Work experiences declared there do not require a reference letter.
Thanks for responding. I decided to declare it because I'm on the PNP route. I claimed 9yrs for my SINP so I want it to be same with the federal application.