+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use my PNP certificate to extend my work permit?

mark1114

Oct 14, 2014
My work permit has expired last sept 20 but I received my PNP certificate last september 22. Since we don't have LMIA, I used the certificate to get a work permit. I applied it online, I answered all the eligibility questions I can use the certificate to get a new work permit. I only need the certificate but I got the result and it is refused. can you give me a website link that says tat I can use the PNP certificate to acquire new work permit. BTW, all my papers are submitted to CIC for PR but I am not working right now since I still have the 90 days to legally stay in Canada. Please help me.

benchioa

Dec 5, 2008
You can use your AINP cert. to extend your work permit without LMIA provide your workpermit is still valid.

http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/helpcentre/faq.aspx?m=f&cid=2&qid=236

http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/immigrating/ainp-after-nomination.aspx

Since you work permit has expired you need a LMIA and Restoration of status to get your workpermit.

nkas

Nov 12, 2014
Hi there!

I need your help guys please. I am currently trying to finish my online application for extension of my work permit and I'm confused on what to answer on the Details of intended work in Canada question one.

The choices are * co-op work permit
* exemption from labor market opinion

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
mark1114 said:
My work permit has expired last sept 20 but I received my PNP certificate last september 22. Since we don't have LMIA, I used the certificate to get a work permit. I applied it online, I answered all the eligibility questions I can use the certificate to get a new work permit. I only need the certificate but I got the result and it is refused. can you give me a website link that says tat I can use the PNP certificate to acquire new work permit. BTW, all my papers are submitted to CIC for PR but I am not working right now since I still have the 90 days to legally stay in Canada. Please help me.
Hi

Did you already submit an application for permanent residency? if yes once you received your AOR you can apply for a bridging work permit/open work permit.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
nkas said:
Hi there!

I need your help guys please. I am currently trying to finish my online application for extension of my work permit and I'm confused on what to answer on the Details of intended work in Canada question one.

The choices are * co-op work permit
* exemption from labor market opinion
I guessing you have a different answers on the previous questions that leads to giving you this only options. you have to go back to the previous questions and double check your anwers.

nkas

Nov 12, 2014
Hello...

Oh man, half of my post was not included. I'm actually given 7 options, not just 2.
1. coop work permit
2. exemption from LMO
3. labor market opinion stream
4. live-in caregiver program
5. open work permit
6. other
7. post graduation work permit

I checked the option "I am applying for a work permit with the same employer" for the 3rd question of this IMM5710E (application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in canada as a worker).

I have a nomination certificate from AINP and I will be using that instead of an LMIA. I just want to extend and renew my work permit with my current employer while I process my PR application. I have actually just finished compiling my PR application and will send it this friday, Nov 14.

Do I choose number 3? or number 6 and further explain that I just want to extend my current work permit (it will expire dec 3, 2014)?

Thank you so much!

ONLYMISSR

Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
Hi nask , whatever happened with your permit situation. I applied for a work permit using my ainp cert and have not heard anything back yet. I used the form IMM 5710 but made the mistake of selecting 'Temporary Residence' instead of permit with current employer, and do not know if I will be able to get a work permit...I would be happy with a closed one.

Thanks

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
mark1114 said:

hi mark, we got the same case. i don't understand why they said the certificate was not valid when it is what I got from Alberta office. What's your situation now? Did you reappeal?