+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use my passport of my home country

Discussion in 'Refugees and Asylum' started by Jamal A., Jul 5, 2019.

  1. Hello.

    I am a refugee in canada and I have a PR. I have also my refugee travel document .
    I want to travel to get married but the country that I am going to doesnt accept the refugee travel document as a replacement of my home country passport for the marriage application.
    I have a question here. Can I travel using my travel document and than in the municipality in that country I give them my original home country passport as only a proof for my marriage application and I will not use it to travel with.

    Please I really need your help
  2. No you should not use your home passport. You are risking your protected person status. Is risking safety more important than getting married? You will have to get married in another country or wait until you are a citizen to get married.

    To get into a country you need to use your RTD. If you can not enter a country with your RTD you can’t visit the country.

Share This Page