+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use my existing GCkey account from the past for new application?

utojamepark

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hi I am about to apply for study permit/visa and realised that I already have a GCkey account from a few years ago for my visitor visa application (which was approved). I managed to log into that account and saw my details there. Should I use the same GCkey account to apply for my study permit/visa or just create a new one this time because it's for different application?

thanks

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Hi I am about to apply for study permit/visa and realised that I already have a GCkey account from a few years ago for my visitor visa application (which was approved). I managed to log into that account and saw my details there. Should I use the same GCkey account to apply for my study permit/visa or just create a new one this time because it's for different application?

thanks
Use existing account.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020

thanks
Not only can you, it is highly encouraged that you use the existing one.

utojamepark

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Not only can you, it is highly encouraged that you use the existing one.
thank you, I will use the old one then.
what about if i actually have 2 existing gckey accounts? I just found that I had a gckey account for my express entry from last year, I withdrew from the pool few months later and then revoked the account, would it cause any issue?

thanks

Farhanlari

Jun 3, 2023
Hello Members, need your input, Do I need a separate study permits for two separate universities - one in Montreal and one in Toronto? Can I use the same GC Key?

saad.mehmood

Star Member
May 21, 2023
Hello Members, need your input, Do I need a separate study permits for two separate universities - one in Montreal and one in Toronto? Can I use the same GC Key?
You need to decide which program and university you want to join and apply for only one study permit based on that university's offer letter.

Janifa

Oct 3, 2023
I created a new GC key for a new express entry profile after old one expired .I got to know later that I could use the same GCkey ,
Do I revoke the old GC key ??