+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use International driving licence to drive in Canada?

Rahul1975

May 9, 2018
Hello,
Our permanent residence application for Canada immigration is through and soon we will be shifting to Toronto.
I would like to know if I can use international driving licence to drive the car in Toronto.
Appreciate if someone share his/her experience here.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
to be exact, 60 days from the moment you settle down in Ontario. So of course tourists here (even if they are here for more than 2 months), can use their international driving licence longer.
And yes driving licence will be one of your first priorities (because drive test centers are book out during whole summer). Good luck

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
to be exact, 60 days from the moment you settle down in Ontario. So of course tourists here (even if they are here for more than 2 months), can use their international driving licence longer.
And yes driving licence will be one of your first priorities (because drive test centers are book out during whole summer). Good luck
hi there,
you seem to have a good knowledge on this driving thing. I have my letter of authencity and a letter from my insurance company and plan to do my landing in jan. I know it would be cold or possibly snowing, is it recommended for a newbie to do a driving test in this weather? Also, is there an 'easy' driving test route over other routes? or preferred driving schools ? i plan to stay in ontario.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi there,
you seem to have a good knowledge on this driving thing. I have my letter of authencity and a letter from my insurance company and plan to do my landing in jan. I know it would be cold or possibly snowing, is it recommended for a newbie to do a driving test in this weather? Also, is there an 'easy' driving test route over other routes? or preferred driving schools ? i plan to stay in ontario.
If you come from a Caribbean island, where you have seen snow and ice only in your freezer plus if you are from Trinidad and Tobago where you drive on left side of the road, I am not sure about the outcome.
It is about you how skilled driver you are.
Check online more about the driving test.

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
I came to Canada with my Trini licence on a OWP valid for 2 years , to get the experience from back home you have to get the letter from the licensing transport commission back home or at the Trinidad and Tobago consulate in Toronto you can google the address , stated how many years driving experience from your Trini DP
International driving licence is valid for 6 months , the insurance letter that's nothing for the drive test centres ,for insurance companies yes , purpose to drive a vehicle , You have to do the first G1 test ,road signs and all the practical road laws of Canada I suggest you buy the Ontario driving book and learn before doing the G1 , after you pass the G1 test ,you have to have an experience driver with you ,can't drive certain hours ,absolutely no drinking and driving,a lot of restrictions, the drive test centre will add the experience from the letter 10 plus years , you can jump to the full G , but you cannot fail ,if you do you have to take the G2 and if you pass the G2 you can take back the Full G at anytime ,don't have to wait the 1 year , it's costly and time consuming .