+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I update profile after submission?

Tanha

Nov 16, 2018
I have created a profile but need to submit it urgently because my IELTS expires on 19th Nov. (3 days away) and I don’t want to retake because the score is 9.0.

However, I am still waiting for my education credential to be evaluated by WES. So is it possible to submit my profile now and later update it once I receive the report from WES?

FAQ says I can update if I am an eligible candidate. But without the WES, I don’t think I’ll be eligible. And if I wait for WES then my IELTS will expire and I’ll have to retake which will be another wait.

Status on WES evaluation in progress. When I click on details it says documents received and accepted. Need advice.

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
I have created a profile but need to submit it urgently because my IELTS expires on 19th Nov. (3 days away) and I don’t want to retake because the score is 9.0.

However, I am still waiting for my education credential to be evaluated by WES. So is it possible to submit my profile now and later update it once I receive the report from WES?

FAQ says I can update if I am an eligible candidate. But without the WES, I don’t think I’ll be eligible. And if I wait for WES then my IELTS will expire and I’ll have to retake which will be another wait.

Status on WES evaluation in progress. When I click on details it says documents received and accepted. Need advice.
Your profile will not be eligible without WES. If you do get Wes evaluation now and update your profile, it would be eligible for only 3 days because your IELTS would have be expiring soon. You need to redo your IELTS as the likelihood of a draw happening now in highly unlikely even if you get them ECA back in the next 3 days.

Reactions: ibtee

Tanha

Nov 16, 2018
Your profile will not be eligible without WES. If you do get Wes evaluation now and update your profile, it would be eligible for only 3 days because your IELTS would have be expiring soon. You need to redo your IELTS as the likelihood of a draw happening now in highly unlikely even if you get them ECA back in the next 3 days.
So the most practical thing to do would be to retake my IELTS and submit together with WES i guess. I’d thought I’d be able to use my IELTS score of valid at time of application, not necessarily at time of draw.

kunalkhanna

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
Med's Request
08-09-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2018
I do believe that your IELTS needs to be valid at the time of application of e-APR.
This is from IRCC website:

See what language level you have based on your test results in:

• Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB)
  • Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NCLC)
We will use the test results as proof of your language skills.

Your test results must be valid (less than two years old) when you:

• complete your Express Entry profile
  • apply for permanent residence
The Express Entry profile is valid for 12 months. Make sure that your language test results are valid for the same time period.

If your test results expire soon, you should re-take the test and update your Express Entry profile with your new test results.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html

So you must take the ielts exam again.