+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I update my ECA Result later after I submit my express entry profile in pool

nahid_sumit

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Can I update my ECA Result later after I submit my express entry profile in pool? Currently I have done my ECA for my graduation and I have the ECA result and number. I have applied for my ECA result for my Masters and I still dont have the result in my hand.

Can I create and submit my profile with the existing graduation result and when I have the result for my Masters can I update the result and ECA number?

Will be grateful if you could kindly let me know.

Thanks & Regards
Nahid

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
Yes you can change . Once you get your Masters ECA update your education level and simultaneously it will increase your points .

nahid_sumit

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Another small query,

Do I need to upload the scanned copies of the ECA document and IELTS document when creating the profile?

Or I just need to put the ECA Reference number and IELTS results?

Is there any other documents I need to scan and upload while creating and submitting the profile?

Thanks
Nahid

Manju Sagwal

Star Member
Aug 25, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nahid_sumit said:
Another small query,

Do I need to upload the scanned copies of the ECA document and IELTS document when creating the profile?

Is there any other documents I need to scan and upload while creating and submitting the profile?

Thanks
Nahid
No, you do not need to submit any documents while creating the EE profile.

singh_maninder

Jan 5, 2016
nahid_sumit said:
Another small query,

Thanks
Nahid
No Need to upload any document while creating Express Entry Profile . Only the "Reference Numbers" to be put for ECA and IELTS .

nahid_sumit

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Thanks and later I can update these reference numbers, right? If for example, my ECA results change or IELTS updated?

Thanks

EnigmaPK

Aug 9, 2017
Hello,

I recently got my ECA completed from WES for my Bachelor's in Engineering and MBA degrees. Both of my degrees were evaluated to be equivalent to Bachelor's in Canada with overall ECA result as "Two Bachelor Degrees". I am not satisfied with the equivalency of my MBA degree and have asked WES to review.

I have below questions in this scenario:
1. Can I submit my express entry profile on the basis of my existing ECA?
2. In case my ECA is updated to Master's degree after review, can i update it in my express entry profile? Will IRCC be OK with it?
3. What if I get ITA with my current ECA but after getting ITA my ECA is updated to Master's degree; can I update it in my profile before filling e-APR?

Regards,

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Hello,

I recently got my ECA completed from WES for my Bachelor's in Engineering and MBA degrees. Both of my degrees were evaluated to be equivalent to Bachelor's in Canada with overall ECA result as "Two Bachelor Degrees". I am not satisfied with the equivalency of my MBA degree and have asked WES to review.

I have below questions in this scenario:
1. Can I submit my express entry profile on the basis of my existing ECA?
2. In case my ECA is updated to Master's degree after review, can i update it in my express entry profile? Will IRCC be OK with it?
3. What if I get ITA with my current ECA but after getting ITA my ECA is updated to Master's degree; can I update it in my profile before filling e-APR?

Regards,
1) Yes you can.
2) Yes you can. My profile was originally showing only my Bachelors. I had my Masters evaluated when I graduated & changed my profile accordingly.
3) You can, but once you get an ITA as long as you have the required points, CIC doesn't care if your points increases due to education

EnigmaPK

Aug 9, 2017
1) Yes you can.
2) Yes you can. My profile was originally showing only my Bachelors. I had my Masters evaluated when I graduated & changed my profile accordingly.
3) You can, but once you get an ITA as long as you have the required points, CIC doesn't care if your points increases due to education
Thanks for your quick reply.

Just to clarify the response to Q3, will it be OK with IRCC? I mean, wont they considered as wrong information regarding my education?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Thanks for your quick reply.

Just to clarify the response to Q3, will it be OK with IRCC? I mean, wont they considered as wrong information regarding my education?
The only time CIC cares about a change with your education is if you claim more points than you can rightfully claim. So correct- they won't care. Nor will they consider it misrepresentation that you got an ITA based on Bachelor points, when your Master's ECA will clearly show a date around/after the ITA date.

alisani

Nov 14, 2016
Hello Hello
thank you for the update guys....really helped a lot. so in my case. i have got the Electronic copy of my WES ECA . and i would like to know can i submit my profile now, i havent got the hard copy yet but i have the Electronic copy that they upload on m WES account.

Regards
Muhammad Ali