+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Travel to The USA with my Canadian student Visa ?

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
You still have to appear at a US consulate or Embassy for an interview though whether you had a visa before or not. Helps to include details about the previous visa in the application.
Thanks ,should I apply after it expires in July or can I do I now

STazH

Aug 24, 2019
Hi, I am an international student in Canada, I have already completed my studies and applied for PGWP. My student visa expires in November. I wanted to visit a relative in the US now. What is the possibility of my US visa being rejected at this point?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi, I am an international student in Canada, I have already completed my studies and applied for PGWP. My student visa expires in November. I wanted to visit a relative in the US now. What is the possibility of my US visa being rejected at this point?
Nobody here can predict whether a US visa would be rejected given the application would be assessed on an individual basis and would not just be about your status in Canada where you will still continue to be a temp resident but also your status in your home country, and which country that is.

All you can do is to complete the application correctly and attend the interview and see what happens

STazH

Aug 24, 2019
Nobody here can predict whether a US visa would be rejected given the application would be assessed on an individual basis and would not just be about your status in Canada where you will still continue to be a temp resident but also your status in your home country, and which country that is.

All you can do is to complete the application correctly and attend the interview and see what happens
Thanks!

Chacko_666

Aug 7, 2021
Can we apply US visa for our spouse(who is on open work permit) while you are on student visa in Canada. Want to know if it needs a separate application or can add family members on our same application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can we apply US visa for our spouse(who is on open work permit) while you are on student visa in Canada. Want to know if it needs a separate application or can add family members on our same application.
Sure, you can do that. I believe it's one application. Note that interview times are 400+ days right now so you have a bit of a wait ahead of you.

Manmeet99

Apr 19, 2023
Hye I am international student in canada and my study will finish next week and I’ll get my completion letter on 17 may but my study permit and visa is till 30 september so can I travel to US