+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Travel to The USA with my Canadian student Visa ?

Spavin

Nov 25, 2017
Hi,
I am an Indian national currently living in Toronto as an international student. While applying for US visitor visa, which address should I give in the online application? Is it the address in my passport or my current Toronto address. Thank you.

Regards
Spavin

Sourovejsr

Dec 27, 2017
Well are they giving me 10 years visa with maximum staying 90 days or they just give me a 90 days visa ? Please clarify.
Hello,

Greetings!

Well as you are an International student in Canada and assuming not from visa exempt countries, yes you need to apply for a US visa to enter states. Secondly, I am assuming you are already in Canada and studying already. Ideally, people apply for US visa after completion of their at least first semester. Assuming you have completed your first semester, you need to submit transcripts of first semester, enrollment confirmation of second semester (to show you have paid second semester fee) and bank statement. No other docs are required.

Out of personal experiences, I would suggest once you visit US Embassy for Interview in Toronto, do not share the facts you are going to meet your relatives or friends and wana stay their for some time. Simply say you are going to just visit some nice places and yes be well prepared. Like you should know where you would go, where you would stay, for how long you will stay, what all places you will check out.

International students usually get 3 months entry to US (though the all visas are of 10 years, but don't get confused by this as at POE, you will be given not more than 3 months permit to stay as TRV).

You must not work while on Tourist Visa because if you are caught and deported, Canadian Border Services may (most likely will) take you for a ride.

cheers!

13bapu

Aug 24, 2018
Hi I just want a suggestion that I’m in my 5 th semester doing part time studies in Canada n my studies completing in December and visa in March 2019 so can I apply for USA tourist visa now
Or after getting my work permit?
Please help me.

numaan

Feb 2, 2019
Hey
I have a small quiet regarding the applying of US visiting visa from Canada ..I m a student who is perusing MBA n I’m in my first semester. I’m in Canada since three months ..I have my elder brother who is doing his PhD in USA .I m planning to visit him ..I was earlier rejected for 2times ..I.e one for visiting and the other for the student visa in the last two years .The first rejection was in 2017 and the f1 rejection was in 2018.I need suggestion /advice ..like should I apply for the visa or not ..are there any still chances of rejection ..
I’m eagerly waiting for the reply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes there
Hey
I have a small quiet regarding the applying of US visiting visa from Canada ..I m a student who is perusing MBA n I’m in my first semester. I’m in Canada since three months ..I have my elder brother who is doing his PhD in USA .I m planning to visit him ..I was earlier rejected for 2times ..I.e one for visiting and the other for the student visa in the last two years .The first rejection was in 2017 and the f1 rejection was in 2018.I need suggestion /advice ..like should I apply for the visa or not ..are there any still chances of rejection ..
I’m eagerly waiting for the reply
Yes there is a chance of refusal especially because you are in your last semester. You would have better chances once you have pgwp and a job. I am not IRCC just my opinion.

Muzzi6191

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hello,

Greetings!

Well as you are an International student in Canada and assuming not from visa exempt countries, yes you need to apply for a US visa to enter states. Secondly, I am assuming you are already in Canada and studying already. Ideally, people apply for US visa after completion of their at least first semester. Assuming you have completed your first semester, you need to submit transcripts of first semester, enrollment confirmation of second semester (to show you have paid second semester fee) and bank statement. No other docs are required.

Out of personal experiences, I would suggest once you visit US Embassy for Interview in Toronto, do not share the facts you are going to meet your relatives or friends and wana stay their for some time. Simply say you are going to just visit some nice places and yes be well prepared. Like you should know where you would go, where you would stay, for how long you will stay, what all places you will check out.

International students usually get 3 months entry to US (though the all visas are of 10 years, but don't get confused by this as at POE, you will be given not more than 3 months permit to stay as TRV).

You must not work while on Tourist Visa because if you are caught and deported, Canadian Border Services may (most likely will) take you for a ride.

cheers!
So everyone gets a 10 year visa and can go to US whenever they want the only restriction is 3 months period of stay rite...

schweiz19

Feb 15, 2018
Hi! I just want to ask how much does it cost for US VISIT VISA application? I have a valid Canadian Student visa.

Thank you.

Renadxb

Jun 24, 2018
Yes there

Yes there is a chance of refusal especially because you are in your last semester. You would have better chances once you have pgwp and a job. I am not IRCC just my opinion.
Hi my 10 year USA visa expires in July , do I have to apply as a new one . Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
As earlier I had applied when my parents had applied and I was in high school .But as an international student in Canada ,is it easy to get it from here .Thanks
If you had one before, even as a minor and you never overstayed or got in trouble with the law and you have legal status in Canada, it should be easy.