+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel to Canada?

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
So I received my study visa approval in January and then got my passport stamped. I got deferred by my university from Winter to Summer term/ May intake because of the visa delay [since I was 15 days late]. Now, it would be my first travel to Canada and I heard some kind of stamping takes place on Canadian airports in order to get a study permit.

Am I still eligible to enter in based on yesterday's update [ https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html?fbclid=IwAR1YbpD8MYT7pxAStDmgF6cBEbItlE_1IFVwyIetOeRovc7b_GxITOSLDZk ]which says :-

"international students who held a valid
study permit, or had been approved for a study permit, when the travel restrictions took effect on March 18, 2020."

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
That is what it says but keep in mind actually managing to find an airline seat may or may not be a challenge given many airlines are parking their fleets /. laying off staff many through end June. Add to that even if you come straight away many businesses and colleges may be closed for an extended period so for a new arrival things will be tougher than normal find way around. Plus of course their will be the 14 day self isolation an even bigger challenge if new to the country

Suggest in the first instance you check with your college what their plans are for the next few months whether they plan to be open in May.

Last edited:
Reactions: inkpot