+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel to Canada while waiting to receive my Post Graduation Work Permit ?

sharkie

Aug 19, 2016
Hello,

I am planning to travel to Canada to look for a job at the end of August and have bought my flight ticket. However, it looks like my online application for post graduation work permit may not be approved by then. Can I still travel to Canada or should I stay in my country and wait for it to be approved ?

Thank you

ajsingh

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
sharkie said:
Hello,

I am planning to travel to Canada to look for a job at the end of August and have bought my flight ticket. However, it looks like my online application for post graduation work permit may not be approved by then. Can I still travel to Canada or should I stay in my country and wait for it to be approved ?

Thank you
Do you still have a valid study permit? If yes, then for sure you can travel and explain to the immigration that you have applied for PGWP.

sharkie

Aug 19, 2016
@ajsingh

Thank you for your reply. Both my study permit and TRV are ending on August 31st. I am supposed to fly to Canada on the 30th. Do you think I would still be able to enter and remain in Canada as I wait for my pgwp ?

ajsingh

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
sharkie said:
@ajsingh

Thank you for your reply. Both my study permit and TRV are ending on August 31st. I am supposed to fly to Canada on the 30th. Do you think I would still be able to enter and remain in Canada as I wait for my pgwp ?
First thing, you have to enter inside Canada before August 31st in this case.
For your stay after august 31, if you have the proof that you have already applied for PGWP, then technically yes you can stay in Canada and are eligible to work as well while you are waiting for PGWP. Reference=: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181&top=15