+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel outside and then re-entry to Canada while restoration study permit is in processing? H

ChloeaDang

Apr 11, 2019
Hello,
I want to ask that my application for a restoration study permit is in processing. It expired over a week ago but I didn't realize. I already booked a plane ticket to travel outside before. Can I travel outside and then re-entry to Canada while restoration study permit is in processing? or any suggestion for my case? Please help!!

This is my application status on CIC website:
"Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So you have no currently valid status (aside from implied status) in Canada and you're asking if you can leave and come back?

With what visa would you re-enter?

ChloeaDang

Apr 11, 2019
So you have no currently valid status (aside from implied status) in Canada and you're asking if you can leave and come back?

With what visa would you re-enter?
My visa is until 2021 but my study permit expired over a week ago. I already stopped studying, working and lost "Student" status. However, I applied to restore my status and it is in processing.

In other words, I have a valid visa and restoration study permit in processing.
My question is can I travel outside Canada and re-enter while waiting for a final decision for my application?

Last edited:

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I'm not sure. If you have a valid TRV, theoretically that gives you admission to Canada. But if your student visa is noted as lapsed and you had overstayed before the restoration application, they may deny you entry.

And... leaving Canada may count as a withdrawal of the restoration application. I really don't know here.