+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel in Canadian PP to my birthplace when im sponsoring my spouse?

bishista1

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
Doc's Request.
In Process: 29 July, 2016
AOR Received.
AoR1 on 14-06-2016, AoR2: 02-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Done....
25-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully by mid December 2016
I am an immigrated/naturalized Canadian from Nepal. As per new constitution of Nepal, dual citizenship is allowed.Now, im planning to travel to Nepal, where my spouse lives in, soon for about 3 months. Then, should I travel in the Canadian pp only or both or in the Nepalese pp only at a time when the sponsorship application to my spouse is still going on?

Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It doesn't matter what passport you travel on. It will have zero effect on the app.

bishista1

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Done....
25-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
It doesn't matter what passport you travel on. It will have zero effect on the app.
Thanks for such a prompt response. im relieved now.

KATHMANDUNEPAL

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13 2016 (app received date)
Interview........
Skipped, Not required :)
Passport Req..
Dec 2016 for TRV and Feb 2017 for PR, all APPROVED
VISA ISSUED...
Trv approval mid December 2016,,,Decision made Feb 1 2017 for PR and Passport request Feb 6 2017 for PR
LANDED..........
(Visitor and PR both approved, Happy :) :) :) ) We couple already in Canada!
bishista1 said:
I am an immigrated/naturalized Canadian from Nepal. As per new constitution of Nepal, dual citizenship is allowed.Now, im planning to travel to Nepal, where my spouse lives in, soon for about 3 months. Then, should I travel in the Canadian pp only or both or in the Nepalese pp only at a time when the sponsorship application to my spouse is still going on?

Thanks in advance
seriously? when did it happen? it doesn't show anywhere in news regarding dual citizenship?
you should travel with your canadian passport. I still doubt the dual citizenship and nepalese officers may not know about it and could cause you a problem because in your nepalese passport your immigration visa is one time entry and may be you don't have the pr card since you are already a canadian. Las time when I was in Nepal I saw all fellow nepalese carrying canadian passport and not nepalese passport. ali bujhera garnu hola??

bishista1

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-07-2016
Med's Done....
25-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
KATHMANDUNEPAL said:
seriously? when did it happen? it doesn't show anywhere in news regarding dual citizenship?
you should travel with your canadian passport. I still doubt the dual citizenship and nepalese officers may not know about it and could cause you a problem because in your nepalese passport your immigration visa is one time entry and may be you don't have the pr card since you are already a canadian. Las time when I was in Nepal I saw all fellow nepalese carrying canadian passport and not nepalese passport. ali bujhera garnu hola??
Dear KathmanduNepal,
I have read in the new constitution of Nepal that the dual citizenship is allowed to the NRNs. However, I am still not much sure if it has been started to be implemented by the Nepalese authorities. Moreover, the trouble imposed to the travellers in the Nepalese immigration is a regular phenomenon. So, I'm really confused as to which pp i should take with me. Should I pay them in the immigration if i travel in the canadian pp?

KATHMANDUNEPAL

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13 2016 (app received date)
Interview........
Skipped, Not required :)
Passport Req..
Dec 2016 for TRV and Feb 2017 for PR, all APPROVED
VISA ISSUED...
Trv approval mid December 2016,,,Decision made Feb 1 2017 for PR and Passport request Feb 6 2017 for PR
LANDED..........
(Visitor and PR both approved, Happy :) :) :) ) We couple already in Canada!
I think and definitely it's really better to travel with your canadian passport, yes you need to pay them visa issuance fee in arrival at the immigration after all you are now a canadian. :) You can still travel with your nepalese passport, i guess it will be fine for entering nepal but what about exiting nepal? did you thought about it?

you cannot enter nepal with nepalese passport and exit with canadian passport from the immigration. you need to use the same passport for enter and exit. Now the problem arises once you enter with nepalese passport it will be fine but once you try to exit nepal with the nepalese passport the staff there will check if you have a visa to canada which you don't have coz it's the one time entry and already expired. Another way is your pr card and now since you are already a canadian citizen you don't have a pr card. so how come will they allow to board you the plane without the pr card and appropriate visas to canada.

You can of course tell them that you are now a Canadian by showing them your canadian passport but the question they would ask is where is your entry stamp on this canadian passport to Nepal?

In other words you will be a illegal canadian in Nepal which is very bad my friend because you don't have entry stamp or entry visa of nepalease immigration in your canadian passport.

think about it my friend....