+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i travel if my studies are online?

cee4815

Jan 16, 2020
Hi,

They say that students can travel if their university is in the Covid readiness plan, their program is not cancelled or suspended, and that they are coming to study.

What if I am taking courses during the Summer, but my courses are online? Can i still enter Canada?

I am choosing to arrive early because I need to start looking for internship/part-time opportunities before graduating next year, therefore need to apply for SIN etc.

Appreciate your help

Thanks

cee4815

Jan 16, 2020
Hey Tapperb :)

Always to the rescue.

Good to know. Was worried that Border officer may ask "Why are you coming if you can take your classes online from home?" although this statement makes sense.

Just wanted to double-check before I do all the reservations. Putting down almost USD 2,000 for 14 days, ridiculous.

Thanks anyways

syrianapplicant2001

Star Member
Mar 6, 2021
If the officer asks you why are you coming when your studies are online, say that the time-zone difference (if there is one) is causing me a lot of stress in attending lectures and doing exams and maybe also say the internet is not stable in your home country and that's hurting your grades. give them something they may send you back if you don't give them anything. and don't freak out if you get scrutinized in the airport

cee4815

Jan 16, 2020
That's where most of the USD 2,000 is going towards, unfortunately lol

But thanks for the dreaded reminder Naturgrl :)