+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I transfer file?

kramvi

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
I had sent in a PR application a few years ago to Canadian consulate at Delhi. Now I am studying a long term course in Australia. If they send me an interview call letter to my home address in India, will it be by registered mail? Because I don't want to miss it. And also is there a way of transferring my file to Australia? I am sure that the processing time would be faster here. Does anyone know the procedure? And if there is any advantage to it? Please advise.

weddingtonite

Star Member
Mar 13, 2011
From my experience processing time in Delhi is much faster than AUstralia. Are you SAP or fast track applicant. Interview calls nor mally come by registered post.

Thanks

kramvi

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
I don't know what a SAP is but I am not a fast track applicant. I wasn't aware that processing time in Delhi is faster. I was thinking that it is 3 years here and 5 years in Delhi. Is this not the case?

weddingtonite

Star Member
Mar 13, 2011
kramvi said:
I don't know what a SAP is but I am not a fast track applicant. I wasn't aware that processing time in Delhi is faster. I was thinking that it is 3 years here and 5 years in Delhi. Is this not the case?
I don't think so but let others comment as well.

Thanks

pearl2010

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
13-10-2010 to LA(in-process 19-04-2011)Rejection letter on 7 June2011
Hi kramvi,

Please read 9.7 File Transfers on pg25 in below link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

Visa offices are not required to transfer files for any other reasons. Such reasons include cases of
applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the
application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office.
In these cases, the original visa office should proceed with a final determination of eligibility and
process the application if eligible. The visa office should not transfer the file to another visa office
unless the transfer is warranted for program integrity reasons. Leaving a visa office‘s territory
alone, does not warrant a file transfer
. In this case, if an applicant requests a file transfer, the visa
office should inform them that the application will not be transferred and that they are required to
submit a complete application to the visa office originally specified within the 120-day deadline
allotted by the CIO.

Regards
pearl2010

kramvi

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
This is a little hard to comprehend for me. If the visa office advises the candidate that the file cannot be transferred, then what is the application within the 120 days about? It doesn't make sense.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kramvi said:
This is a little hard to comprehend for me. If the visa office advises the candidate that the file cannot be transferred, then what is the application within the 120 days about? It doesn't make sense.
120 days refers to application submitted before June/10 those had 120 days to submit a complete application.

elmo_25

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

120 days refers to application submitted before June/10 those had 120 days to submit a complete application.
So what is the PA needed to do if he moves out of VO's teritory for good like go back to his home country? What documents should one prepares? Thank you...

kramvi

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Well my application was submitted before 2010 but either way it doesn't seem it applies to anything on transfer. Does it?

kramvi

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
From the information that you guys gave me, I got the following information and questions again.

1. It seems that they would transfer my file from Delhi to Sydney only if they find that it complies with their rules of integrity. Now this is my situation. The degree that I am claiming my points on and all the experience that I am claiming my points on were gotten from the US. Even though my passport and birth place is Indian, it seems that the major verifications would be done in US. Also I am a student in Australia so the other verification would be done from here. So doesn’t it make sense for them to send the file here?

2.Another thing I am concerned about is the time factor. Does it take them weeks or months to transfer a file?

3.Last but not the least, I am concerned that because of an uncertainty of my completing the course here, if during the time that the file is being transferred, I go back to Delhi, would my file be able to be transferred back to Delhi? And if so would it get back in the queue at the place it originally was? Or would I lose my place in the queue and there would be another few years wait?
What do you guys think? I am very concerned about this matter. If you guys could answer the questions one by one, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much in advance.

elmo_25

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
Sorry kramvi I cant answer ur question either coz at this time I think were on the same boat, My ecas now is IP and waiting for MR, the thing is I already resigned from my job here in the UAE and I am going back to my home country the Philippines within 3 mos probably. Now my file is in London VO and I dont know what is implication of this in my application. I already sent emails to my consultant which is also here in the UAE and they didnt answer me yet, maybe they also didnt know whats the answer to my inquiry to them. Philippines has its own VO, the Manila VO and I do not know if they gonna transfer my file there.

kramvi

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Elmo have you received any answers to your questions? I know I have not. So I decided to move this up so someone sees it. It seems that since the topic is old, no one bothers to read it.

elmo_25

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
no answer till now, but i managed to communicate with someone whos case is similar to mine, VO will be the one to ask for the updated docs but certainly they will not transfer my file just because I leave one VOs teritory.