+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I take a legal action againt Fido??

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have been in Canada for two month. I paid the due amount for fido monthly paymeny on time and by cash at their kiosk in the Mall. After the first payment, I wanted to change my Postal code so I went to their website and I couldn't because according to them there is an unpaid balance. I called 4 times to clear this and they promised to fix it. I even sent the receipts by fax. And when I went two days ago to the kiosk I have been told that the previous payment has gone through and paid the new one only. Yesterday I was surprised that Idid not get ant calls from telemarkerters, today I tried calling ppl but they calls were transfered to the credit department?? I have been told that this might be transffered to a collection company and then I will have a bad credit history in the country. Can I take a legal action againt Fido?? I have the reciepts with me.

Thanks

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guess What the account number on the receipts is not my number??although the phone number and the name are correct??!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Write them a letter stating that if they do not correct this, you will be taking legal action against them. Yes, you can take Fido to court if you want to. However, be clear in your letter exactly what happened. What you paid, send copies of the receipts etc. If they do give you bad credit, you can also fight to get it off your record.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks 4 your reply Leon. I wore that b4 and said on the phone for 5 times now, but to no action. I had to go to their outlet to reactivate the account. I sent them an e-mail that I'm not going to pay for the days were the service was suspended and also asked for the cancelation fees to be waved as their bad customer service is the reseaon I'm cancelling. Thanks again.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do not send an email. Send an official looking letter, (not written in txt spk by the way) and send it in registered mail. It is a lot harder for them to ignore a real letter than an email and they may be a little scared and more likely to take it to a supervisor and have it looked at.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Agree with Leon. Also, keep a log of the times/dates you called/went to kiosk, name of customer service rep, etc.

If you still don't get a resolution, you can search online for the CEO's email or mailing address and send him/her your complaints. Be polite but express your displeasure. This also works.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats the reply I got for their cutomer service dept. this was their 3rd e-mail to me. And I explained everything in the first e-mail send to them.

Thank you for your answer.

For any mistake made by a representative at a store, you need to address the complaint directly at the store manager. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but our call centers and our stores have two very different system of management.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Marie | Fido Customer Service Representative
www.fido.ca

Now I'm adamant to take it to a higher level.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Here: https://www.fido.ca/web/page/portal/Fido/Make_A_Complaint

It seems to contact the president of Fido, you must have first gone through their customer care and a manager and have their names too.

In your complaint, also express the effects of their errors e.g. stress, time and energy spent, inconvenience, pain and suffering, potentially ruining your credit history, etc.

Request your credit report from both TransUnion and Equifax. You are entitled to one free report from each agency each year. This report will give you an idea what's on file about you. If Fido has sent your name/account to collections by error, you definitely should ask them to help you correct it .

A bad credit history can mean not being able to get the following: credit cards, a mortgage, rent an apartment, good interest on loans, etc... some jobs require a credit check.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can try taking them to court, but going against a cell phone company is like taking the government to court it can take a few years, please keep us posted I would like to know more about the results.

The unfortunate part is there needs to be more consumer advocacy in this country, a lot of these service oriented companies charge customers with shady and ridiculous fees that have absolutely no relevance or significance in any way. At times the results are completely opposite to what you are paying for. The most recent service withdrawal from all cell phone companies was their "system access fee". No one know what this fee was about and the phone companies couldn't explain this either. There is a class action law suit about this. In Ontario there is another ridiculous fee on your cell phone bill called "Government regulatory fee". who is the government regulating? What and why are they regulating and why do we have to pay monthly for this service, how come we never paid it before. Since I am the consumer and $2.13 is going out of my pocket every month I have the rights to know where this money is going. There is also another dumb and useless fee called an environmental disposal fee, Ontario's solution to safe disposal of your product. I have seen this for myself where paid environmental fee upfront for a product and after the end life of this product I disposed it off and watched how this was carried over to the junk yard, was never sorted and then trekked off to Michigan. If you really want to know where your e-waste dollars go in an "environmentally friendly way", please see the link below. The most unfortunate part is we are paying for this service as "Environmental disposal fee"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkpBcFDjk7Y (Part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACXwo6MntpA (Part 2)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The thing is many companies count on customers not being financially able to take them to court. Besides, if you have a problem with your phone service, you need it resolved asap and going to court means you have to find a solution yourself in the mean time while the court case drags on.

I think going public first(radio/TV station, video on youtube, social media, etc) may get you what you want without cost you money. If you have that issue, chances are many others do too. The other thing I strongly encourage is doing your research. You may come across information helpful to your case like whether the company has been sued before for something similar and lost, etc.

There is nothing companies dread more than public outrage or negative publicity.

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The latest update,
Guys u should be aggressive, If I did not ask for a refund for the two days the srrvice was suspended, they would have never changes the bill.

Although the fist cutomer service rep didn't want to help, her two other colleagues were more informative and heplful, thats the last reply I got.

"By calculating the 2 days when you didn't have service following the suspension, it comes to $3.61 + tax. Here is how it is calculated:

$35 plan + $10 data option + $11 Value Pack = $56
($56 divided by 31 days) x 2 days = $3.61

I have therefore applied a $3.61 + tax adjustment to your account to cover these two days of service".

Best regards,

Cédrik | Fido Customer Service Representative

76Fiddlers

Aug 3, 2012
I had to pay up FIDO and ROGERS, too.

And that was after my phone hadnt been used for the time they charged.

If you want to take them to court, fine, but before that, take the trouble see how tall the ROGERS/FIDO tower is..!

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hahaha, the problem has been solved, and I got what I want from them. Unfortunately, I can't change them, as I have been told they have the best coverage and rates in Ontario. When there's no compition, there's a lousy service.