+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I submit my passport for the work permit after receiving COPR.

GR123

Star Member
Apr 27, 2020
Poland
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Last year, I submitted applications for the AIPP and work permit. Last month, I got a COPR and a single entry visa stamped on my passport.
Today, I have also received a positive decision for my work permit.

My question here is, do I need to submit my passport for the work permit visa? or shall I notify the IRCC that I already have COPR.

Kindly share your views/suggestions.

Thanks.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Last year, I submitted applications for the AIPP and work permit. Last month, I got a COPR and a single entry visa stamped on my passport.
Today, I have also received a positive decision for my work permit.

My question here is, do I need to submit my passport for the work permit visa? or shall I notify the IRCC that I already have COPR.

Kindly share your views/suggestions.

Thanks.
Are you in Canada? Did you got COPR from outside Canada and got single entry visa ? If yes just travel on same visa to Canada. Inform them that you got COPR and they will cancel your work permit. Fees will not be refunded.

GR123

Star Member
Apr 27, 2020
Poland
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Are you in Canada? Did you got COPR from outside Canada and got single entry visa ? If yes just travel on same visa to Canada. Inform them that you got COPR and they will cancel your work permit. Fees will not be refunded.
@Miss bee , Thank you for your comments. Yes, I am currently outside of Canada, and the COPR was issued outside.
Sure, I will notify the IRCC. Let me check their response.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
@Miss bee , Thank you for your comments. Yes, I am currently outside of Canada, and the COPR was issued outside.
Sure, I will notify the IRCC. Let me check their response.
You can do your landing and work permit with automatically will be cancelled. You don’t have to do anything.