+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I still make changes to EE profile after I received ITA?

bbyyaa

Apr 12, 2020
Hello,

when I entered into the pool, I gave YES to this question "Does XXX have a job offer in Canada?" and NO to questions “Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?“. As a result, this part did not gave me any points to my total EE points.

I received my ITA last Thursday, and I have been checking and filling information this weekend. Until I realized, I should gave NO to this question "Does XXX have a job offer in Canada?" from the beginning.

My question is, can I still change this answer from YES to NO after I receive ITA? My assumption is, this question does not contribute any points into my total EE score, therefore, it should not matter.

Thank you so much for any advice!! Please help me out :(

bbyyaa

Apr 12, 2020
You will not be able to change your answer on your original EE profile. This is being locked as soon as you receive an ITA.

As mentioned above, you can however change your answer in the post-ITA application questionnaire. It is highly recommended you include a letter of explanation to detail why you made this change. As long as it does not lower your points, it will be fine.
:DThank you! I will include a letter of explanation. Thanks so much!

Anand83

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi,
I have something related but different scenario. When I first created my profile in a pool, My job offer was valid for one 1year, hence contributed to 50 points. But, now when I received ITA that offer is just 8months left, so ideally I should not avail of those 50 points and that will reduce my points by 50. Now, I received ITA and even if I don't use those 50 I am still above cut off, how can I remove/recalculate those 50 points? Please suggest.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hi,
I have something related but different scenario. When I first created my profile in a pool, My job offer was valid for one 1year, hence contributed to 50 points. But, now when I received ITA that offer is just 8months left, so ideally I should not avail of those 50 points and that will reduce my points by 50. Now, I received ITA and even if I don't use those 50 I am still above cut off, how can I remove/recalculate those 50 points? Please suggest.
Just answer “no” in the job offer section and put in LOE why you removed it (e.g., no longer valid). Make sure you still meet MEC and CRS is still above cut off score.

Reactions: Anand83