+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I still get Student Visa?

Sophia Choi

May 7, 2018
Hi there!

Due to the COVID-19, I am living in my country (South Korea) and taking online classes at one of the public colleges in Vancouver.
I was studying in Vancouver from 2018 to 2019. Then I came back to my country because of my health issue.
Then, the pandemic hit all over the world, so I decided to study the rest of my study in Korea.
But I want to apply for the PGWP after graduation, then go back to Canada.

My current study permit will expire on March 31th, 2021 but my study will complete in July.
So, I applied for a new study permit and received the approval letter from CIC in December 2020.
Now, I am planning to go back to Vancouver this August. But my studies will complete around the end of July.

Can I still validate the student visa if I come back early of August? Because the approval letter from CIC shows that I should come to Canada by November 30th, 2021 to validate the student visa.
I am confused if I am still available to validate the visa even after the completion of my studies.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
As long as your study permit and visa are both valid then you can enter Canada from my understanding, barring any covid relation restrictions