+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I still fill BSF186 form even if I don’t have goods to follow?

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Do I still have to fill BSF 186 even if I don’t have goods to follow?
I am about to lave for Canada with just accompanying goods in my carry on and checked baggage. I will take other stuff that I left behind on my next trip to Italy when I’ll be officially a resident.
Since I do not have the time to create an excel file, would it be ok for the customs if I fill the BSF 186 anyway?

Thanks!

Nalidra

Feb 2, 2019
Someone will say if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure those things you left behind and are planning to take on your next trip to Italy ARE your goods to follow.
As I understand, if you don't list them thry won't be exempt from tax when you try to bring them to Canada

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Someone will say if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure those things you left behind and are planning to take on your next trip to Italy ARE your goods to follow.
As I understand, if you don't list them thry won't be exempt from tax when you try to bring them to Canada
Correct, the stuff that op plans to bring along in future are infact their goods to follow that they need to declare when entering. If you don't have time, just list then on a piece of paper while you are flying over the pond