+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I still apply if my score after ITA reaches the cutoff score of the draw

abhidarekar

Oct 11, 2018
So in the EE profile I added an experience of a company I was fired from in the hopes that they will at least provide me with an experience letter which I can use for this process.I got the ITA as my score was 470. I don't have any document except for the joining letter, payslips, increment letter for that company. I am trying to get the letter but I am doubtful that may happen.
The cutoff for my draw was 445 and my score was 470. Now if I remove the experience of that company my score drops to 445. I wanted to know if I can still proceed with the invitation or would I have to decline it.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok so there are several ways how to prove your work experience. The ideal would be a signed letter with all needed information directly from your company. However not all are willing to give it away, so in that case you can use different evidence.

You need to prove following:
1. Length of employment (years, months and days).
2. That the employment was paid (and not just formally paid with a very low sum but with some kind of reasonable salary for that position in that country).
3. That you were doing the job tasks according to NOC you are claiming.

So for the point 2 you can use payslips and for point 1 you can use your appointment letter and if ever you got some leaving documents proving when you left your company.

Last point is the most tricky. Some companies might have the work position nicely defined (if they are following some ISO standards for example). However if they have not you can get such letter either from your HR, from your Former manager or from the former colleagues. In this case they have to identify themselves properly and the letter has to be officially singed.

Sometimes companies just do not want to confirm combination of all 3 info together (for example they do not like to reveal your salary). In that case get a partial letter (confirming at least point 3) and then use additional documents to prove the rest.

And if you decide to remove that work experience after ITA and that will change your points, your application might get rejected because you have to have ITA points at the date of ITA and at the date of your AOR (and of course you have to prove it). And in case of your score to be at the cutoff level you need to meet the tie brake criteria. Also be aware that some work experience might not add your CRS points but still does add your FSW points (and this will be checked as well).

abhidarekar

Oct 11, 2018
Ok so there are several ways how to prove your work experience. The ideal would be a signed letter with all needed information directly from your company. However not all are willing to give it away, so in that case you can use different evidence.

You need to prove following:
1. Length of employment (years, months and days).
2. That the employment was paid (and not just formally paid with a very low sum but with some kind of reasonable salary for that position in that country).
3. That you were doing the job tasks according to NOC you are claiming.

So for the point 2 you can use payslips and for point 1 you can use your appointment letter and if ever you got some leaving documents proving when you left your company.

Last point is the most tricky. Some companies might have the work position nicely defined (if they are following some ISO standards for example). However if they have not you can get such letter either from your HR, from your Former manager or from the former colleagues. In this case they have to identify themselves properly and the letter has to be officially singed.

Sometimes companies just do not want to confirm combination of all 3 info together (for example they do not like to reveal your salary). In that case get a partial letter (confirming at least point 3) and then use additional documents to prove the rest.

And if you decide to remove that work experience after ITA and that will change your points, your application might get rejected because you have to have ITA points at the date of ITA and at the date of your AOR (and of course you have to prove it). And in case of your score to be at the cutoff level you need to meet the tie brake criteria. Also be aware that some work experience might not add your CRS points but still does add your FSW points (and this will be checked as well).
So if I remove that experience and my points drop to 445 (which was also the cutoff for my draw) my application will be rejected?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So if I remove that experience and my points drop to 445 (which was also the cutoff for my draw) my application will be rejected?
If your points will be still within the ITA range (min cutoff + tie break) you will not be rejected. Of course your FSW points also have to be min. 67 points (that is the instance where up to 6 years of work experience are counted).