+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can I still apply for express entry without including my wife in my profile?

DHRpat

Feb 14, 2017
Hey Fellas,

I am a married man and already created an Express Entry profile. My wife, she is here already in Canada on student vise and studying masters right now but she has no time to get prepared for IELTS exam. So can I still apply for express entry without her including in my profile? If yes, can i sponser her PR after I became PR?

Regards.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
DHRpat said:
Hey Fellas,

I am a married man and already created an Express Entry profile. My wife, she is here already in Canada on student vise and studying masters right now but she has no time to get prepared for IELTS exam. So can I still apply for express entry without her including in my profile? If yes, can i sponser her PR after I became PR?

Regards.
Yes

DHRpat

Feb 14, 2017
Since my wife already doing masters in ontario, will that be advantage for my express profile? If I add her in my profile, my points will go up or down?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
DHRpat said:
Since my wife already doing masters in ontario, will that be advantage for my express profile? If I add her in my profile, my points will go up or down?
She needs to complete her masters for you to get points.

DHRpat

Feb 14, 2017
Ok...and if i am not including her in my profile, i do not have to provide any documents of her to CIC since i am only applying PR for myself..is that correct?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DHRpat said:
Ok...and if i am not including her in my profile, i do not have to provide any documents of her to CIC since i am only applying PR for myself..is that correct?
Incorrect. You still have to provide her PCC, medical and if you're applying under the FSW program then you need POF for two people (assuming you have no children)

DHRpat

Feb 14, 2017
but i am a working person.. working 40 hrs a week and my job comes under NOC B...being a full time employee, what documents do i need to provide as POF? and CIC also mentioned that I don't need to show CAD 15000 for two people if I am a full time working employee.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DHRpat said:
but i am a working person.. working 40 hrs a week and my job comes under NOC B...being a full time employee, what documents do i need to provide as POF? and CIC also mentioned that I don't need to show CAD 15000 for two people if I am a full time working employee.
That's not the criteria.

The criteria is you don't have to show POF if you're eligible under the CEC program OR if you have a valid job offer.

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DHRpat said:
Hey Fellas,

Regards.
NO - you will never be able to sponsor her if you don't include her in your profile.

It's also misrepresentation.

DHRpat

Feb 14, 2017
@DelPiero07...I have already created express entry profile with 430 points and been accepted in express entry pool of candidates now all I am waiting is for the CIC invitation...does that make me eligible for CEC?..

DHRpat

Feb 14, 2017
@thejkhan... I will declare to CIC that I am married but I will not be including my wife in my express entry profile .....then after can i sponsor her PR after I get my PR?

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DHRpat said:
@thejkhan... I will declare to CIC that I am married but I will not be including my wife in my express entry profile .....then after can i sponsor her PR after I get my PR?
You have to have a really good reason for that, other than just a trick to increase points.. which is misrepresentation.

Having no time for IELTS is a shoddy excuse. CIC won't buy that.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DHRpat said:
@DelPiero07...I have already created express entry profile with 430 points and been accepted in express entry pool of candidates now all I am waiting is for the CIC invitation...does that make me eligible for CEC?..

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
DHRpat said:
Not really. Your wife is already in Canada, how can you legitimately argue that she is "non-accompanying?" You can try it, but I guarantee IRCC will ask you why, and as others have already stated, "to increase points" is not a valid reason.

The smartest thing to do is add your wife's details to your profile, and then update the profile with her language scores (and ECA if relevant) as you get them.

DHRpat

Feb 14, 2017
@DelPiero07....checked my profile...

Federal Skilled Worker: Met
Provincial Nominee Program: Not Met
Canadian Experience Class: Met
Federal Skilled Trades: Not Met

so i don't need to provide POF....am i correct?