+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAN I stay in canada to wait for my PR being processed when my work permit ends?

Kamesh

Aug 19, 2010
Hi guys, I posted this at another topic but just wanted to ask here, in case more fitting.

Anyway, have work permit until January 2011. I also have PR application (via PNP c/o ALBERTA).

Since PR applications supposedly take from 8 to 12 months now, do I HAVE TO leave CANADA WHEN MY WORK PERMIT EXPIRES while I await for my PR application to be processed?

Please let me know!

Thanks a lot and good luck to us all. :)

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
@ kamish

hi where u from??..btw based on the cic/pnp website u have to make that ur work permit remains to be valid while waiting for the processing of ur PR application so in your its better to renew your work permit.. u can stay up to 90 days after ur work permit expires but u are not allowed to work. can u post ur timeline.? i got my pr status in 4.5 mos only.

Kamesh said:
Hi guys, I posted this at another topic but just wanted to ask here, in case more fitting.

Anyway, have work permit until January 2011. I also have PR application (via PNP c/o ALBERTA).

Since PR applications supposedly take from 8 to 12 months now, do I HAVE TO leave CANADA WHEN MY WORK PERMIT EXPIRES while I await for my PR application to be processed?

Please let me know!

Thanks a lot and good luck to us all. :)

Kamesh

Aug 19, 2010
HI asaglen! are you Filipino?! me too! Kababayan :)

You're so lucky to have gotten your PR status in 4.5 mos! that was fast! what field are you in?

Anyway, thanks so much for the info. will keep your advice in mind.

timeline as follows:
Application filed fr the USA: Dec 1, 2009
Nomination Received: June 1, 2010
Still awaiting FBI documents (but hoping to pass SOON)

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks again!

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
my husband was advised to apply for an extension of his work permit by the CIC call center when he called them since his will expire by November 30, 2010. also, when the province that nominated him sent the nominaiton package, it included forms and info on how to apply for work permit. i think it only costs CAD 150 and processing time in Vegreville, Alberta (the CIC office that processes work permits from inside Canada) is 76 days.
extension lang kasi in process naman ang application for permanent residence, just need to attach a copy of the nomination letter dun sa application for extension ng work permit para the visa officer who will handle the case knows why extension ang ina-apply.

actually he was hesitant at first to apply for extension since additional gastos na naman yung 150 dollars, we're waiting for our passport request na kasi from Buffalo, NY 2 months na nandun ang result ng medical exams namin.

brownredxx

May 26, 2010
Hi to all,

Pinoy din ako, in case you want to know. I was nominated for Alberta thru H1 program. I just mailed my application to CIC yesterday. tanong ko lang dami bang trabaho sa Alberta? Actually backup plan ko lang ang Canada, pero kung maganda dun baka lumipat na lang ako. By the way Goodluck sa inyo lahat!!! sana makuha nyo PR nyo. Thanks!!!