+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i Sponsor my Wife when I am working part time only

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
I am a recent PR in Canada and trying to sponsor my wife who is in India (Outland Family Class). I am only having a part time job now with weekly hours averaging 30 and hourly pay $14.. Will this be a cause of rejection if I try to sponsor my wife ?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Note: There is no low income cut-off (LICO) for spouse, partner or dependent child sponsorships, unless a dependent child also has one or more dependent children of their own.

your part time job will not disqualify you from sponsoring your spouse......you got a job.....apply and provide what you have....your sponsorship will be approved based on the supporting documents and proof of the genuineness of your marriage/relationship.....good luck

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a recent PR in Canada and trying to sponsor my wife who is in India (Outland Family Class). I am only having a part time job now with weekly hours averaging 30 and hourly pay $14.. Will this be a cause of rejection if I try to sponsor my wife ?
Hi, i got approved to sponsor my wife when i was part time job. I think it would be no problem for you, if you can write a letter to explain how you support her in Canada. Also, my wife is in the last step of sponsorship.

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Hi, i got approved to sponsor my wife when i was part time job. I think it would be no problem for you, if you can write a letter to explain how you support her in Canada. Also, my wife is in the last step of sponsorship.
Hi thank you for your reply. Can you please tell me what all you included in the letter ? If you dont mind can you share the sample letter with personal details excluded ? I am very bad in writing letters

Reactions: hungvangg

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi thank you for your reply. Can you please tell me what all you included in the letter ? If you dont mind can you share the sample letter with personal details excluded ? I am very bad in writing letters
Hi, sorry I didn’t see the notification, you can pm me

Nina1318

Nov 18, 2018
Hi, sorry I didn’t see the notification, you can pm me
hi i also have a question. I am a new PR here only last oct 6. I will go home by july for mu wedding on august 2019. And will return back here in canada by the end of aug. When I return back here, can I immediately process my soon to be husband’s sponsorship papers? Should I also change/update my marital status in my passport and PR card before I submit my application? Or am I even allowed to process if I am newly Married to my spouse? (P.S. we have been in a relationship for 3 yrs already)

Pls reply thankyou

Reactions: hungvangg

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi i also have a question. I am a new PR here only last oct 6. I will go home by july for mu wedding on august 2019. And will return back here in canada by the end of aug. When I return back here, can I immediately process my soon to be husband’s sponsorship papers? Should I also change/update my marital status in my passport and PR card before I submit my application? Or am I even allowed to process if I am newly Married to my spouse? (P.S. we have been in a relationship for 3 yrs already)

Pls reply thankyou
You do not have to update the marital status, but you must have to do when you declare your income tax as married. you can apply immediately after getting married , and you have to live in Canada while sponsoring your husband.
Like me, I got married in March 2019 and applied the paper in May.

Nina1318

Nov 18, 2018
You do not have to update the marital status, but you must have to do when you declare your income tax as married. you can apply immediately after getting married , and you have to live in Canada while sponsoring your husband.
Like me, I got married in March 2019 and applied the paper in May.
Thank you! If we get pregnant after the wedding, and I am still pregnant by that time of processing, it wouldnt affect the papers right?

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you! If we get pregnant after the wedding, and I am still pregnant by that time of processing, it wouldnt affect the papers right?
no, it will not affect the progress , but you have to inform IRCC.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you get pregnant after your wedding your husband will not likely be present for the birth of his child. If you are also studying you won't qualify for maternity benefits. Getting pregnant will not help your application. I would strongly encourage you and your future husband to look into how expensive it is to care for children in Canada like daycare, diapers, etc. At least wait until your husband is in Canada and has a stable job before getting pregnant unless he has a significant amount of savings.

Reactions: np08