+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i sponsor my wife even if i have just returned to canada?

jallensiy

Aug 23, 2007
hi everyone, i need your help in this. im a canadian citizen and i lived in the philippines for 13 years. i married my wife there and i just recently came back to canada. im establishing myself now and i got a job, but im not yet a regular employee. how lon will i need to wait before i can be able to sponsor my wife and do i need to have to submit my income tax returns and other things? will the government check my bank account for this? please advise. thanks for your help everyone.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jallensiy said:
hi everyone, i need your help in this. im a canadian citizen and i lived in the philippines for 13 years. i married my wife there and i just recently came back to canada. im establishing myself now and i got a job, but im not yet a regular employee. how lon will i need to wait before i can be able to sponsor my wife and do i need to have to submit my income tax returns and other things? will the government check my bank account for this? please advise. thanks for your help everyone.
Well you could have sponsored her while you living in the Philippines and she would probably be here now. You don't have to have an income to sponsor a spouse, you just can't be on welfare, except for disability. Its time to get the thumb out and go to www.cic.gc.ca and complete the forms and have your spouse complete her application.

PMM