+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I show work I did simultaneously with my undergrad degree?

Bangladeshi_boy

Apr 15, 2018
I am applying or Express Entry - FSWP program.
Regarding the question that asks me, how many years of Skilled Work Experience do I have in my Home Country: I have 3 years of full time job experience in total (2015-2018). However, the first year (2015-2016) I did the job simultaneously with my undergrad studies. It was a full time job, but I studied at a private uni so I managed to do classes on evening and somehow did both the study and work side by side. Will this cause a problem in my PR application? Will they think I am intentionally saying something untrue cause it's difficult to do both full time studies and job together? As long as I provide a letter from my company to demonstrate that, it will work, right?
Also for full time job: does it have to be 40 hr/week? Or will 30 hr/week work as well?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I am applying or Express Entry - FSWP program.
Regarding the question that asks me, how many years of Skilled Work Experience do I have in my Home Country: I have 3 years of full time job experience in total (2015-2018). However, the first year (2015-2016) I did the job simultaneously with my undergrad studies. It was a full time job, but I studied at a private uni so I managed to do classes on evening and somehow did both the study and work side by side. Will this cause a problem in my PR application? Will they think I am intentionally saying something untrue cause it's difficult to do both full time studies and job together? As long as I provide a letter from my company to demonstrate that, it will work, right?
Also for full time job: does it have to be 40 hr/week? Or will 30 hr/week work as well?
Does your completion certificate or completion certificate mentions correspondence study or online study somewhere? Can you get a letter from College or Uni mentioning that? If study says full time it will be difficult to prove that you can work and study simultaneously. Maybe try getting a professional help for this case.