+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I send my Passport for stamping when I am in another country

sehulugh

Nov 1, 2017
I am in Nigeria and received an ITA on the 18th of October 2017.Currently working on submitting my documents but have a major challenge; I will be attending a training in India for 3 months starting from the 25th of December 2017, Is there any way I can send my passport for stamping while in India and what is the legal implication of being in another country without your passport? how do I work around this? please assist

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
As you are in document submission stage, you may give the address at India. But what if you do not receive PPR email in 3 months?

I suggest, You may request to change your case processing office to another country once you receive passport request email.

I received PPR email for case processing office in india, delhi. I changed that to London, as moved to UK in between.
Once you reply to the email (to nigeria case processing centre) requesting to change office to another place, you should get an email after few days from new office.(eg: india or where ever it is)

sehulugh

Nov 1, 2017
As you are in document submission stage, you may give the address at India. But what if you do not receive PPR email in 3 months?

I suggest, You may request to change your case processing office to another country once you receive passport request email.

I received PPR email for case processing office in india, delhi. I changed that to London, as moved to UK in between.
Once you reply to the email (to nigeria case processing centre) requesting to change office to another place, you should get an email after few days from new office.(eg: india or where ever it is)
Thanks for the response.

sehulugh

Nov 1, 2017

I am applying with my family but they will not be following me to India, is there any implication if I go with their passports?

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
I am applying with my family but they will not be following me to India, is there any implication if I go with their passports?
legally you should have your passport when you are staying in a country. You may need to check other options, i believe.