+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I send both my Wife's and My documents for ECA to WES in one envelope?

paryant22

Mar 12, 2016
Hi All,

I am getting different answers from each source and therefore need some advise. Basically, my Wife is a Principal applicant for Express Entry and yesterday she has made payment to WES for ECA (Online). I would like to know the suggestions for the following:
1. Should I create my WES account and make the payment for ECA as well?
2. If yes to the above question, then can we send our Transcripts to WES in a single Envelope? I will mention the Reference Nos on both our Transcripts envelope and then put both these envelopes in another single envelope and send to WES.

Can anyone confirm if this is the correct way to do it?

Shipper

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should use separate envelop.

The transcript is supposed to go to WES directly from your institution. If you received your transcript from your institution in a sealed envelop, you may yourself send it. It would be likely that WES would verify that transcript with your institution. However, it won't be a good idea to put your and your wife's transcript in single envelop.

So, you must create your own account, pay your fees separately and use separate envelop while sending the transcripts.

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paryant22 said:
Hi All,

I am getting different answers from each source and therefore need some advise. Basically, my Wife is a Principal applicant for Express Entry and yesterday she has made payment to WES for ECA (Online). I would like to know the suggestions for the following:
1. Should I create my WES account and make the payment for ECA as well?
Yes, please do so
2. If yes to the above question, then can we send our Transcripts to WES in a single Envelope? I will mention the Reference Nos on both our Transcripts envelope and then put both these envelopes in another single envelope and send to WES.

Yes - you can surely do that. Make sure you have clear demarcation with ref no. in internal envelopes along with necesary supporting documents viz. application paid receipt, passport copies etc. for each ref no. before placing them in master envelope. Do specify both ref no on master envelope sent to WES. I would recommend using DHL for sending these.

Can anyone confirm if this is the correct way to do it?
Good Luck!!

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
Yes, we sent them together in one big envelope, of course with our respective reference numbers on smaller envelopes. No problem with that.

paryant22

Mar 12, 2016
Thank you Guys and yes, the intention was to put our respective Transcript Envelope (with our Reference numbers) in One Big Envelope. We have created separate accounts, paid our Fees and received different Reference Nos.

zshamim

Feb 7, 2016
I suggest to use Fed Ex as they are charging 1300 INR only,if you are sending to WES they have some discount for credential verification.

rahul0920

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2015
Doc's Request.
12-03-2016; 16-03-2016
Nomination.....
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
30-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-03-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
07-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2016
I was in the same situation and created separate envelopes for my spouse and myself. It's less complicated this way..!

Darshan019

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Hello All,

I'm the primary applicant and I just started the Express Entry PR process. I have submitted the request for official transcripts in Bangalore University and I was asked to collect in 15 days from the University. I'm fine so far.

I just realized I need to get official transcripts for my wife's Graduation and PG degrees/certificates (from Allahabad University) so that I get points for my spouse as well. However it would take atleast 1.5 months since we don't have anyone in Allahabad right now.

My wife and I have planned to appear for IELTS sometime in March/April. I'm yet to register and book the test date with IDP/British Council.

Could you please suggest that I should get ECA done by WES for both my and wife's academics done and wait for WES assessment before registering for IELTS.

Also please advise if I should create my Express Entry application online on CIC only after completing these 2 steps ( ECA for myself and my wife and finishing IELTS tests).

Thanks in advance.

Darshan

hitesh0414

Apr 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 December, 2016
AOR Received.
10 December, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November,2016
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
Darshan019 said:
Hello All,

I'm the primary applicant and I just started the Express Entry PR process. I have submitted the request for official transcripts in Bangalore University and I was asked to collect in 15 days from the University. I'm fine so far.

I just realized I need to get official transcripts for my wife's Graduation and PG degrees/certificates (from Allahabad University) so that I get points for my spouse as well. However it would take atleast 1.5 months since we don't have anyone in Allahabad right now.

My wife and I have planned to appear for IELTS sometime in March/April. I'm yet to register and book the test date with IDP/British Council.

Could you please suggest that I should get ECA done by WES for both my and wife's academics done and wait for WES assessment before registering for IELTS. The IELTS and ECA can be done parallel.

Also please advise if I should create my Express Entry application online on CIC only after completing these 2 steps ( ECA for myself and my wife and finishing IELTS tests). You should have IELTS test report form and ECA report in hand before creating express entry profile as you have to fill out the IELTS report number and ECA report number in express entry profile.

Thanks in advance.

Darshan

Darshan019

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Thanks for the response Hitesh. I will have my ECA report and IELTS scores (mine and for my wife) before I create the Express Entry profile.

What I'm trying to confirm if can I add my wife's ECA report in my Express Entry profile at later stage as well.

Thanks in advance

sss19sap

Dec 17, 2016
I have seen this happening while I was sitting in an immigration agent's office. They usually create two seperate envelopes (for the husband and wife) , specifically label them with all details (of what's inside and candidate information.)

Then they put these 2 envelopes into a larger envelope. The larger envelope is then again labeled indicating containing 2 packages (relevant details) as well as WES address.

So this way you can save huge on the courier costs! Also, I added insurance to my courier costs by paying a little extra just to make sure things go right. Hope this helps! :)

Manpreet88

Feb 10, 2018
Delhi - ncr
Category........
For wes- eca report for Canada immigration.
Me my wife and my sister wants to evaluate our credentials from wes.
For that we have generated and paid the fees to wes, and recived 3 different Reference no.
But while sending documents to wes we have made 3 different sealed envelope- 1 envelope for me and 2 envelope for my wife and 3 envelope for my sister.
All 3 sealed envelope with different reference no on it.. has been put it in one big envelope and sealed it and sent to wes..!
Is it ok.
Because courier has been dispatched now.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
For wes- eca report for Canada immigration.
Me my wife and my sister wants to evaluate our credentials from wes.
For that we have generated and paid the fees to wes, and recived 3 different Reference no.
But while sending documents to wes we have made 3 different sealed envelope- 1 envelope for me and 2 envelope for my wife and 3 envelope for my sister.
All 3 sealed envelope with different reference no on it.. has been put it in one big envelope and sealed it and sent to wes..!
Is it ok.
Because courier has been dispatched now.
did you write anything on the main envelope?