+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I sell on Amazon Platform if I am on open Work Permit?

Nihxrikxx

Apr 2, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I am interested in starting my own Amazon business, but I'm uncertain if my work permit status allows me to do so. I'm currently residing in Toronto, Ontario and have recently completed my studies and obtained my work permit in May 2023.

If you have any updated information or have been selling on Amazon on a work permit status in Canada, I would greatly appreciate any insights or guidance you can provide regarding selling on the Amazon platform with a work permit.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am interested in starting my own Amazon business, but I'm uncertain if my work permit status allows me to do so. I'm currently residing in Toronto, Ontario and have recently completed my studies and obtained my work permit in May 2023.

If you have any updated information or have been selling on Amazon on a work permit status in Canada, I would greatly appreciate any insights or guidance you can provide regarding selling on the Amazon platform with a work permit.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!
I am sure it isn't a problem but if you are looking to apply for PR in the future you should check if that is covered by a NOC code unless this is just a side line.

Nihxrikxx

Apr 2, 2023
I am sure it isn't a problem but if you are looking to apply for PR in the future you should check if that is covered by a NOC code unless this is just a side line.
Yes yes, I'll be starting my full-time job in the month of August. Looking to sell on Amazon marketplace as a side hustle only. Just want to be sure if we are allowed to do so on a Open work permit or not.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Yes yes, I'll be starting my full-time job in the month of August. Looking to sell on Amazon marketplace as a side hustle only. Just want to be sure if we are allowed to do so on a Open work permit or not.
There are no limitations on an OWP, good luck.