+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I sell on amazon if I am on open workpermit?

Aagaaz

Oct 20, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are doing well.

I want to start selling products on amazon but I am not sure if I can start selling as sole proprietor if I am on open work permit. My current status of PR is in process, and I have applied through PNP International student process an it shows the current waiting time period is 14 months. If someone has any information about starting a business on Amazon please feel free to provide me with.

I am hoping to hear helpful advice.

Thank you so much.

Cheers,

:)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello Everyone,

I want to start selling products on amazon but I am not sure if I can start selling as sole proprietor if I am on open work permit. My current status of PR is in process, and I have applied through PNP International student process an it shows the current waiting time period is 14 months. If someone has any information about starting a business on Amazon please feel free to provide me with.

Thank you so much.

Cheers,

Yes, you can.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you so much for your reply. But, do I need to file my taxes?
Yes, if you are making an income in Canada, as a business, you almost certainly need to file taxes. However, you can also contact CRA for clarification.

Aagaaz

Oct 20, 2018
okay,

as I still work at the place where I got my PNP approved so I was wondering this won't affect my PR process is that right?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
okay,

as I still work at the place where I got my PNP approved so I was wondering this won't affect my PR process is that right?
I would think that it's extremely unlikely to affect it, as long as your activities are legal.

Aagaaz

Oct 20, 2018
yea everything will be legit and I will surely go through business registration process as self employed but just a simple question, Can I register as self employed on my own name "Aagaaz Tandon" ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
yea everything will be legit and I will surely go through business registration process as self employed but just a simple question, Can I register as self employed on my own name "Aagaaz Tandon" ?
I don't know the specifics of tax or business registration. Someone else may be able to help you.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Yes, in Ontario you can register as self-employed. I don't know about the province you're. Once you've work permit and SIN you'll go online at CRA web to request for a number in order to remit your taxes. It is better to contact or visit your province business registration department.

Aagaaz

Oct 20, 2018
okay thank you so much for all your kind responses. I appreciate you all taking time to respond to my query. I will update you soon if I get any other question on my way.

Aabroo123

Nov 20, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much.

Cheers,

Hi did you manage to start selling on Amazon? I am in the same boat as you? please respond to this email at aabroo.ahmad@gmail.com