+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Return to the U.S. the day after I land?

CL S.F.

Feb 6, 2009
I am from California and plan to land at the Vancouver Airport in about 2 weeks. Can I return to California the day after landing? Can I still apply for a permanent residency card? Do I need to fill out the permanent residency application before I land. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CL S.F. said:
I am from California and plan to land at the Vancouver Airport in about 2 weeks. Can I return to California the day after landing? Can I still apply for a permanent residency card? Do I need to fill out the permanent residency application before I land. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, it is part of the "landing" process for the PR card, but you need a Canadian residential address for it to be mailed.

PMM

CL S.F.

Feb 6, 2009
Hi PMM,
Thanks for your reply. Do I need to have the PR application already filled out when I land?

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
what do you mean by PR application?

surely you applied a long time ago and already have the necessary visa and other official documentation issued to you by CIC

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

john5655 said:
what do you mean by PR application?

surely you applied a long time ago and already have the necessary visa and other official documentation issued to you by CIC
No, he probably means an application for a PR card at "landing" No you don't have to complete an application, the information is already in the CAIPS system, you have to supply an address.

PMM

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
When you land in Alberta because you got your PR thru their provincial nomination, and decided to go back to the US after a week, can you ask CIC to mail your PR to a friend's address in Ontario? Will it have a conflict?
Insights are appreciated.
Thanks.

CL S.F.

Feb 6, 2009
Thanks PMM for your answer about filling out a PR application upon landing. That is what I needed to know. I have another question: Will a telephone number be necessary for the PR card and for a SIN number?

CL S.F.

Feb 6, 2009
PMM: I understand that I don't have to fill out a PR application upon landing. (My previous answer didn't clearly communicate this point.) Thanks for all your help.

Agilent

Feb 13, 2009
CL S.F. --- From what I remember, I gave a phone number for both. Also, how do you plan to get your PR card, if you returna a day after you land?